WJEC Poetry Anthology Predictions English Literature 2019 Watch

Book_Lover28
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What themes do you predict for the poetry section for the GCSE 2019 paper? Love and death have already come up, haven't they?
baslisk
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i do english with eduqas/wjec exam board so idk if you forgot to put the eduqas or whatever lol
in 2016, it was 'to autumn'. in 2017, it was 'sonnet 43'. in 2018, it was 'mametz wood'. so the three themes that have already been done are nature, love, and war/death. many of the teachers at my school believe that it might be a power and conflict poem, but, you never know, so i'd still suggest revising like 2 poems from each of the main themes, just in case
Book_Lover28
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thanks. And I did mean Eduqas - just forgot to put it in.
Also, what other themes are there and could come up, apart from environment, time, loss and power?
baslisk
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Literally any theme and any poem could come up, I wouldn't rely solely on predictions because exam boards can be unpredictable and do nature or love again, for instance. I would just choose a few poems to learn really well that are very flexible and encompass the main themes of love, nature, power & conflict, and war
(Original post by Book_Lover28)
Thanks. And I did mean Eduqas - just forgot to put it in.
Also, what other themes are there and could come up, apart from environment, time, loss and power?
JackDM24
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Our teacher did ‘Sense of Place’ with us recently because that’s apparently a thing. Although the only two poems that would fit into this category are Living Space and London. I hope it’s power however, that would be best case scenario in my opinion
mwindram
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Power really is Hawk Roosting and Ozymandias I think
Deaddad
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
And london
Book_Lover28
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I agree. power or the theme of loss would be ideal, for there are lots of poems you could use for them.
(Original post by JackDM24)
Our teacher did ‘Sense of Place’ with us recently because that’s apparently a thing. Although the only two poems that would fit into this category are Living Space and London. I hope it’s power however, that would be best case scenario in my opinion
_mollyj_
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
can they repeat poems?

(Original post by baslisk)
i do english with eduqas/wjec exam board so idk if you forgot to put the eduqas or whatever lol
in 2016, it was 'to autumn'. in 2017, it was 'sonnet 43'. in 2018, it was 'mametz wood'. so the three themes that have already been done are nature, love, and war/death. many of the teachers at my school believe that it might be a power and conflict poem, but, you never know, so i'd still suggest revising like 2 poems from each of the main themes, just in case
mwindram
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yes I think so, last year it was the anniversary of Mametz Wood in Wales so it was fairly predictable
(Original post by _mollyj_)
can they repeat poems?
Nishu3421
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have this exam tomorrow and I am really stressing rn I don't know what to do... I know how to analyze the poem but its the comparison I struggle with. What if I remember the quotes and they don't really link to the poem we're given pls reply ASAP!
sashamacdonald
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
just learn around 3 or 4 quotations on 2 poems in each topic, which results in around 12 to 16 quotations, and then learn some context for them
Sunice34
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
SAMMEEEE
I’m feeling place thoo
All our teachers are thinking it will be a theme we’ve not seen before like Ozy and time IDKK man
And Macbeth I’m feeling Macduff or kingship /guilt / betrayal
(Original post by Nishu3421)
I have this exam tomorrow and I am really stressing rn I don't know what to do... I know how to analyze the poem but its the comparison I struggle with. What if I remember the quotes and they don't really link to the poem we're given pls reply ASAP!
BenAlb
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My teacher reckons it’s gonna be either afternoons or living space so as baslisk said I wouldn’t rely on predictions
motox
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They have to make it accessible for anyone no matter what their target, 1-9 so I reckon they will do nature or power which isn’t helpful because what actually is ozymandias and hawk roosting
BenAlb
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Both nature I think
(Original post by motox)
They have to make it accessible for anyone no matter what their target, 1-9 so I reckon they will do nature or power which isn’t helpful because what actually is ozymandias and hawk roosting
Tallia112
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What peoms go under what themes? I have been revising but I want to make sure I got the right poems for the different themes
Last edited by Tallia112; 1 week ago
motox
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hawk roosting is but ozymandias is place and power
motox
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You could use poems for completely unrelated themes just as long as you back up what you say
(Original post by Tallia112)
What peoms go under what themes? I have been revising but I want to make sure I got the right poems for the different themes
Lukey342
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Both power
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (202)
22.65%
The paper was reasonable (404)
45.29%
Not feeling great about that exam... (167)
18.72%
It was TERRIBLE (119)
13.34%

Watched Threads