The Student Room Group

school tomorrow

how are we all feeling?
I need some motivation to make me dread school less and look forward to it haha (:
Dreading my alarm going off...I hate early mornings so much :cry: And the bus which I've very happily not got for over 2 weeks...
18 days left, not that I'm counting :tongue:
Would be better if I'd actually done my holiday homework :lol:

Sorry probably doesn't help you look forward to it...I'm looking forward to seeing my friends again and also cake Thursday which we're starting in my further maths class :cookie:
Original post by Lemur14
Dreading my alarm going off...I hate early mornings so much :cry: And the bus which I've very happily not got for over 2 weeks...
18 days left, not that I'm counting :tongue:
Would be better if I'd actually done my holiday homework :lol:

Sorry probably doesn't help you look forward to it...I'm looking forward to seeing my friends again and also cake Thursday which we're starting in my further maths class :cookie:

Do it for cake Thursday! And I am happy to join the club with not wanting to go to school tomorrow - but I love maths so I'm trying to look forward to that
Original post by RavenclawOwl
Do it for cake Thursday! And I am happy to join the club with not wanting to go to school tomorrow - but I love maths so I'm trying to look forward to that

Maths is good :yep: Have 4.5 hours of it tomorrow :woo:
Although then after that I have a 90 minute computing mock I haven't even looked at the prep material for so that'll be less fun...
oh god don't remind me...
Original post by Lemur14
Maths is good :yep: Have 4.5 hours of it tomorrow :woo:
Although then after that I have a 90 minute computing mock I haven't even looked at the prep material for so that'll be less fun...

Oh that sounds dreamy! Most I have in a day is two and a half hours, plus after school revision, so I am a tad jealous - can't wait for uni (sort of).

The mock exam on the other hand... let's just pretend that doesn't exist?
Oh that sounds dreamy! Most I have in a day is two and a half hours, plus after school revision, so I am a tad jealous - can't wait for uni (sort of).

The mock exam on the other hand... let's just pretend that doesn't exist?

Joys of taking excessive numbers of maths subjects :laugh: Have at least 90 minutes of it every day (in fact have two days where that's my entire day :redface:)
Have been doing so :yep: Until my teacher emailed us all this morning saying that very few people had opened the preparation materials...whereupon I felt less bad for having not done so :rofl:
Original post by Lemur14
Joys of taking excessive numbers of maths subjects :laugh: Have at least 90 minutes of it every day (in fact have two days where that's my entire day :redface:)
Have been doing so :yep: Until my teacher emailed us all this morning saying that very few people had opened the preparation materials...whereupon I felt less bad for having not done so :rofl:

I thought I couldn't take more than maths and further maths, but I guess there is physics too (YUCK!)
And at least you aren't alone with the revision then, that means it doesn't matter? Right?
I thought I couldn't take more than maths and further maths, but I guess there is physics too (YUCK!)
And at least you aren't alone with the revision then, that means it doesn't matter? Right?

Naa i don't do physics, but I have STEP timetabled in and also a session helping the first years with their maths too so lots in my timetable!
I'm going off that basis...I just had a very quick flick through and have decided it can't be that bad, there's only about 4 topics I've got no chance at and I'll ask my friend like 5 minutes before the test and hopefully that'll be okay :lol: Only 6 weeks until the exam, obviously doesn't matter if I do terrible now :wink:
Original post by Lemur14
Naa i don't do physics, but I have STEP timetabled in and also a session helping the first years with their maths too so lots in my timetable!
I'm going off that basis...I just had a very quick flick through and have decided it can't be that bad, there's only about 4 topics I've got no chance at and I'll ask my friend like 5 minutes before the test and hopefully that'll be okay :lol: Only 6 weeks until the exam, obviously doesn't matter if I do terrible now :wink:

Yep, I'm pretty sure that's how it works! Have fun today...
Reply 10
I will go back to school on the 29th April, having full-day for 4 days (May 1st is a public holiday in HK) and then 9 half-days (no class on 16th due to the first exam). Then it's study leave!
Yep, I'm pretty sure that's how it works! Have fun today...

Glad you agree :lol: Thanks, you too!
Soooo I went back to school today and had a panic attack in physics does anyone have any help on how to control it and calm myself down
Original post by LucyOr15
Soooo I went back to school today and had a panic attack in physics does anyone have any help on how to control it and calm myself down

I have a LOT of experience with panic attacks :s-smilie:
Firstly, deep breaths, four in, eight out. Focus on the breath and not the spiralling thoughts. Remind yourself that you are safe, and that it will end. Wait it out and it will pass.

There's no magic cure, but it will always end eventually. Hope you can get some further help if you need it. :smile:
Thank you I’m so scared that on Friday and all next week when I have exams I’ll get them and it’ll ruin my results
I have a LOT of experience with panic attacks :s-smilie:
Firstly, deep breaths, four in, eight out. Focus on the breath and not the spiralling thoughts. Remind yourself that you are safe, and that it will end. Wait it out and it will pass.

There's no magic cure, but it will always end eventually. Hope you can get some further help if you need it. :smile:

Thank yah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending