The Student Room Group

Undecided on which uni to firm and ucas deadline is tomorrow, Help!

I have got offers from the unis I applied to for product design BA (Nottingham Trent, Birmingham city, Kingston, Central st martins and Chelsea school of art) but I have no clue which to select as they all have seemingly equal positives and negatives. So far I’ve only removed Chelsea from the list as the course didn’t seem right for me. I’ll list my thoughts on the unis below, but would appreciate any input/advice!Trent- great student town and uni seems very standard with good facilities and teachers (for my course) but overall very average. Very good student union and halls is very near to the building I would be in. Inclusive trips abroad.Bham city- the design/arts building is very new so the classrooms and workshops are all up to date and well equipped, teachers seem down to earth and passionate but I can’t say I love Birmingham as a city- I don’t live too far away and have visited a few times for gigs etcKingston- the location was really nice and the course is well regarded. The building seemed cramped compared to the other unis but the workshops were well equipped and the teachers seemed good. This would be the closest uni to my gf at St. George’s. Halls is a short bus journey away.Central saint martins- very prestigious art/design establishment and the location in London is lovely and the big building houses all subjects so a very creative vibe. Course is very competitive and seems intense (speaking to some students who went said the environment isn’t as friendly as other unis) and it seemed a little bit unorganised AND very expensive living costs and the most viable halls is 25 mins away on the tube.Either way I’m sure I’ll have a good experience in any uni but rn none are standing out to me.Thanks for any responses!
From your post it sounds like you’re edging towards either NTU or BCU. The only benefits you’ve identified of the London courses are proximity to your girlfriend.

Quick Reply

Latest