The Student Room Group

CUG rankings released today: thoughts on the law ranking?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by random_matt
Well, it just declined heavily in psychology. Guess it is now irrelevant, glad I left before it happened.

Good on you, Psychology isn’t worth the 9k.
Reply 21
Original post by ChemistryGuy1998
I wouldn’t knock Glasgow as if it’s beneath you. It’s multi-faculty Scots Law and Common Law degree offerings certainly make it stand out from the crowd and cements it’s place as a top institution.

It is the top and only RG in Scotland which offers both Scots and Common, attracting many top applicants from Scotland and abroad I’m sure.

The Top 5 unis in CUG represent the top 5 institutions for Law in the UK.

So surely the top 20 are the top 20 as well?

Need to be consistent.
Reply 22
Good on you, Psychology isn’t worth the 9k.

Durham is an excellent university and will open plenty of doors for you, which you should take. Purely going there isn’t going to our you in a more advantageous position than going to Bristol, Notts or Kings say.
Original post by Arisapo
So surely the top 20 are the top 20 as well?

Need to be consistent.

Top 20 can be the top 20 if they want, I don’t really look at those institutions though.
At least they got #1 right. None of the rest matter.
Original post by Arisapo
Durham is an excellent university and will open plenty of doors for you, which you should take. Purely going there isn’t going to our you in a more advantageous position than going to Bristol, Notts or Kings say.

There’s a difference between going to Durham and going to Durham to study Law. Many of its institutions are frankly crap and useless - Anthropology, Sociology etc.

As far as Durham compares to the institutions you have just mentioned, there will be a definite difference, however you, as an A-level student, are yet to be exposed to any form of legal applications and recruitment and therefore one can only forgive you for making such sweeping, ill-evidenced statements. :smile:
There’s a difference between going to Durham and going to Durham to study Law. Many of its institutions are frankly crap and useless - Anthropology, Sociology etc.

As far as Durham compares to the institutions you have just mentioned, there will be a definite difference, however you, as an A-level student, are yet to be exposed to any form of legal applications and recruitment and therefore one can only forgive you for making such sweeping, ill-evidenced statements. :smile:

You Oxbridge rejects are a funny bunch. We have many a hearty laugh at your expense at Cambridge.
I think the rankings are decently accurate but many unis fluctuate so overall top 10 unis are all interchangeable
Original post by J-SP
It won’t be if you want to do a Scottish law degree/be a solicitor in Scotland

Good point ^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending