The Student Room Group

Unsure which should be firm and insurance choice...

I keep going back and forth between what my firm and insurance choice should be... between Social Media Marketing (BSc) at UWL and Marketing with advertising and digital communications (BA) at LSBU. Does anyone have any advice because I only have a couple of days to make choice? Social media marketing is probably more of my main interest and I like that the course is mostly assessed via coursework but I keep wondering if the LSBU degree would provide more opportunities long term... but that degree has a number of closed book exams as part of the assessment which I don’t love the idea of...

both are conditional offers and the offer from LSBU is lower than the offer from UWL
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by moon4
I keep going back and forth between what my firm and insurance choice should be... between Social Media Marketing (BSc) at UWL and Marketing with advertising and digital communications (BA) at LSBU. Does anyone have any advice because I only have a couple of days to make choice? Social media marketing is probably more of my main interest and I like that the course is mostly assessed via coursework but I keep wondering if the LSBU degree would provide more opportunities long term... but that degree has a number of closed book exams as part of the assessment which I don’t love the idea of...

both are conditional offers and the offer from LSBU is lower than the offer from UWL

Hi, I would pick a course that you enjoy the sound of the most and that you think you will be able to cope with best. For example, if you know you may really struggle with certain aspects of one of the courses I would assess how big an impact it will have on you when studying your degree.

I would recommend looking at the website https://www.whatuni.com/ - You can find reviews from previous/current students about the courses you are interested in. I used this to help me compare my top 2 unis and it really helped me make a decision. Good luck!
Hello

I hope you’ve made your choice but just in case you have more time, please do feel free to contact us directly ([email protected]) and we can try to arrange for you to speak to a current student or an academic that teaches on the course, who might help in making your decision if it’s not too late.

All the best with either option you decide to make!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending