The Student Room Group

20 and still can’t drive

So I started taking driving lessons around the time everyone else at school did (when I was about 17/18) and I was good. Leading up to my test my driving instructor told me my driving was textbook but every time I went to take my test I got nervous and ended up failing so I‘ve failed four times now :frown: it’s frustrating because I would only have 4 or 5 minors but then a major would get me each time. Anyway, now I’m 20 going into my final year of uni and I just feel so bad about not being able to drive while all my friends have their license. I want to start focusing on my career and stuff when I graduate but I feel like I’ll have to come back home from uni and take driving lessons and try and pass my test the summer after I graduate. My theory has expired so I‘d have to take that again and it just feels like I’m starting all over, plus I feel like I’m even more scared of driving now that I haven’t done it in so long. I do want to pass and I know I need to (plus my parents really want me to) but I just feel miserable whenever I think about it. Any advice?☹️
I was 28 when I learned how to drive. I know it’s frustrating, but you shouldn’t worry about what other people are doing. Have you tried mindfulness or meditation? You’ll be fine when you get your nerves under control.
A lot of people nowadays don't like driving and depending on your personality you may just not like driving.

Quick Reply

Latest