The Student Room Group

progress in lessons

ive done like 13-15 hours i dont know exactly and i feel like im not progressing that much, ive paid the guy in bulk so i still have 12 prepaid hours. He is reluctant to let me do roundabouts and seems to want to do so many simple things whereas i want to start driving home etc, all my mates say theyve done a lot more than i have in this timeframe. is my instructor taking the **** or is this normal
Reply 1
same happened with mine. paid for 10 and i hadn't done much at all and wouldn't let me drive home so i switched. in the first lesson with my new instructor did way more than with my previous one and got to drive home :smile:
Original post by MoDesignss
ive done like 13-15 hours i dont know exactly and i feel like im not progressing that much, ive paid the guy in bulk so i still have 12 prepaid hours. He is reluctant to let me do roundabouts and seems to want to do so many simple things whereas i want to start driving home etc, all my mates say theyve done a lot more than i have in this timeframe. is my instructor taking the **** or is this normal

Switch instructors, on my 2nd hour of driving lessons I was allowed to drive home under heavy supervision. afaik everyone around me has had the same experience. He might be taking the **** and rinsing you of your money, surely you can ask for a refund on the prepaid hours? Best of luck!!
not sure if i can ask for a refund, got 12 hours left that ive prepaid for, i think ill finish these 12 hours and go from there. however bear in mind my area is pretty difficult to drive in as in theres 2 HUGE roundabouts then its a 3 lane dual carriageway so i could give him some slack. after my 12 hours i should be at around 25 hours of lessons and if im not happy with my progress then im defo switching
im on 20 hours now ive finally driven home the lesson before my last one 🤣 still feel like progress is a bit slow so i might try out different instructors for a couple hours and see if i should switch
Any reasonable driver should be tackling roundabouts after a few hours training and driving home much much earlier than you did.

I've had people pass their test within 20 hours, either you just haven't taken to driving very easily or (more likely) your instructor is ripping you off.
Reply 6
oh ye 100% ripping me off, i finished my prepaid hours and dipped, im now with a new instructor whos doing a mock test with me on our second lesson... and thinks i should book my test for mid - end of may, which is amazing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending