The Student Room Group

Plagiarism in exam

Hi everyone, there was a written exam that I sat a few weeks ago however I have been anxious As in my answer I had to explain a case and I remembered word for word facts of a case scenario. I added my own opinion and my own conclusion and judgements however since the facts were copied from an article in a written exam will that amount to plagiarism and will it be checked?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Missionedu
Hi everyone, there was a written exam that I sat a few weeks ago however I have been anxious As in my answer I had to explain a case and I remembered word for word facts of a case scenario. I added my own opinion and my own conclusion and judgements however since the facts were copied from an article in a written exam will that amount to plagiarism and will it be checked?

Plagiarism in A level is more kept to exams, even at Uni, although possible its much rarer to be brought up as an issue. All you have done is remembered a scenario, but its the original thoughts and conclusion that are important. From your description I wouldnt lose 1 minute of sleep or be worried at all.
Reply 2
Thank you so much. Since you said exam did you mean coursework btw?
Original post by 999tigger
Plagiarism in A level is more kept to exams, even at Uni, although possible its much rarer to be brought up as an issue. All you have done is remembered a scenario, but its the original thoughts and conclusion that are important. From your description I wouldnt lose 1 minute of sleep or be worried at all.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Missionedu
Thank you so much. Since you said exam did you mean coursework btw?

I meant exam and I was going off the fact you said sat an exam?
In terms of coursework it would be more closely monitored than exams because the opportunity to plagiarise is greater, but the ability to check is easier. Not as stringent as uni, but simply dont do it. Everyone signs a form that it is all their own work.
Reply 4
I understand thank you very much!
Original post by 999tigger
I meant exam and I was going off the fact you said sat an exam?
In terms of coursework it would be more closely monitored than exams because the opportunity to plagiarise is greater, but the ability to check is easier. Not as stringent as uni, but simply dont do it. Everyone signs a form that it is all their own work.

Quick Reply

Latest