The Student Room Group

A level help

idk if im overthinking this, but im revising for my a level exam and ive come across this website that has really good study notes. I was wondering like if i remembered those notes (obviously i dont have the mental capacity to remember every single one) and then proceeded to write a few things word for word in my exam would that be seen as plagiarism or am I being silly lol? idek if thats possible to do in actual exams. I just really like the way its worded and its sticking in my head.
Original post by Phiapia
idk if im overthinking this, but im revising for my a level exam and ive come across this website that has really good study notes. I was wondering like if i remembered those notes (obviously i dont have the mental capacity to remember every single one) and then proceeded to write a few things word for word in my exam would that be seen as plagiarism or am I being silly lol? idek if thats possible to do in actual exams. I just really like the way its worded and its sticking in my head.

As you are writing it down from memory rather than copying it into an essay word for word then it wont be plagiarism. Many students use the same notes/textbooks etc and there are only so many ways in which something can be explained, so people will often end up using the same phrasing. I wouldn't worry too much about it, its great that you have found some good study notes!
Evie (Medic at UoS)
Reply 2
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
As you are writing it down from memory rather than copying it into an essay word for word then it wont be plagiarism. Many students use the same notes/textbooks etc and there are only so many ways in which something can be explained, so people will often end up using the same phrasing. I wouldn't worry too much about it, its great that you have found some good study notes!
Evie (Medic at UoS)

omg perfect, thank you so much!!

Quick Reply

Latest