The Student Room Group

Level 3 Diploma Health & Social Care or HND

Hi all
Just looking for some advice please from those a lot more in the know than me.

Quick background - I’m a mature prospective student - I originally applied to do an access course distance learning about 18 months ago however I withdrew from the course for a number of reasons (dv/child diagnosed with autism/constant change in tutors/redundancy) and have spent the last year just getting the family life stable and sorted.
I want to go back to study as although I have loads of experience in the Health and Social Care field, I don’t have a relevant qualification.

I’ve contemplated doing another access course - however this time within a college setting, however I’m not sure I want to go to university - I’m currently stuck between whether I want to become a social worker eventually or a registered care home manager. Therefore I think it’s a better route to go the level 3 diploma in case I decide not to go to university?

I have applied to college for this but they also offer an HND in health & social care. Now although I don’t have a level 3 qualification, I wonder if anyone has any experience of applying (and being successful) on to a level 4 course without the level 3, based on their life and work experience?

I work as a Safeguarding Manager for a National charity within the care sector and have years of managerial and supervisory experience in the social care sector so I know I could do it - it’s just whether it’s possible?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending