The Student Room Group

Received an offer from Leeds university for a higher grade than needed

Bb
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by EmmaR7498
For the BSC Adult nursing course it’s BBB at a level or 120 ucas points from a mixture of level 3 courses
I have a levels CDE which is 72 ucas points and am currently doing CACHE NCFE Level 3 health and social care for a year, so I’d need a C grade to get 120 ucas points

I received an offer from Leeds university to achieve a grade A in the cache health and social care Extended Diploma, which is a two year course and equivalent to three a levels, unlike the one year course I’m taking where you receive the certificate
I’m unsure as what to do right now, if there’s been a mistake somewhere with what course I’m doing, and if I don’t achieve the A grade will I not get into the course despite still having enough points for the entry requirements?

You have said you're doing "CACHE NCFE Level 3 health and social care". That doesn't specify an exact qualification, as it could mean any one of these:

* 601/6108/5 - NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care
* 601/6109/7 - NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Health and Social Care
* 601/6110/3 - NCFE CACHE Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care

Which of the above are you doing? What does your UCAS application say you are doing?

If there has been confusion, you need to contact Leeds and point out the issue. Hopefully they adjust the offer to reflect what you tell them.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
You have said you're doing "CACHE NCFE Level 3 health and social care". That doesn't specify an exact qualification, as it could mean any one of these:

* 601/6108/5 - NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care
* 601/6109/7 - NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Health and Social Care
* 601/6110/3 - NCFE CACHE Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care

Which of the above are you doing? What does your UCAS application say you are doing?

If there has been confusion, you need to contact Leeds and point out the issue. Hopefully they adjust the offer to reflect what you tell them.

Hi thanks for the reply
I’m doing the Cache NCFE Level 3 certificate in health and social, it says this on my ucas application however the university has given me an offer to get a grade in the extended diploma
Original post by EmmaR7498
Hi thanks for the reply
I’m doing the Cache NCFE Level 3 certificate in health and social, it says this on my ucas application however the university has given me an offer to get a grade in the extended diploma

Understood. My guess is they've got confused. Give them a call and explain the issue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending