The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
kellywood_5
Thanks. I talked to my French teacher on Wednesday and she said Spanish would definitely be the best one to do because it's starting to replace German as a popular foreign language, and also because it's so similar to French that your knowledge of French really helps you to pick up Spanish. My mum and some of my friends who've done French, German and Spanish all said German was by far the easiest and French the hardest, so that's where I got it from. I don't like the German language though. I find it really horrible to listen to.

I'd agree with doing spanish. There is evidence to suggest dyslexics find spanish the easiest european language to learn and french the hardest.

A lot of schools are now teaching spanish and lots of kids want to learn it because they can use it on holiday and is more widley spoken than german.

Languages are not going to die out any time soon, the EU recognises loads of languages and people will need them more and more.

I know they are going to drop a MLF as part of the national curriculum but that doesn't mean they won't be taught. I was at school before languages were compulsary and it was very difficult not to do a language. I think my options were french or typing or something else just as moronic. Added to that there was still the CSE / GCE system and the options other than french were CSE.

I can't see any school not offering a language to students, which means it has to be compulsary at least for year 7 and 8 - can you imagine parents sending their kids to a school where they CAN'T learn a language.

And don't forget there are private schools as well as state and you don't have to live and work in britain.

Latest

Trending

Trending