The Student Room Group

[Official] Cambridge Computer Science Applicants 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by username3331778
there is a discord server for computer science (all years) if anyone is interested

Hi! Can you please provide the link for this discord server please? Thank you so much
Original post by username3331778
there is a discord server for computer science (all years) if anyone is interested

please could you send me the link :smile:
Original post by _Alchemist_
The CTMUA is the TMUA but has the C for administration reasons according to the website. So if you register for the TMUA instead of CTMUA then the Cambridge admissions tutors won't be able to mark it and it defeats the point of the exam.

Hi, I have a similar query. I am applying to Cambridge for computer science and need CTMUA. Does anyone know what the minimum score required for Churchill College is? I got 8.4/9 when I did a mock and am not sure which college it is enough for
Original post by Akhil Maram
Hi, I have a similar query. I am applying to Cambridge for computer science and need CTMUA. Does anyone know what the minimum score required for Churchill College is? I got 8.4/9 when I did a mock and am not sure which college it is enough for

There is no minimum score at any college. The main purpose of the CTMUA is to filter out people before interview. Since 8.4 would put you in the top 5% of applicants and they interview 80%, it would definitely be good enough for that purpose. Since more than 5% of applicants get offers, it would probably give you some advantage beyond that, but it's not going to be a huge factor in comparison to interview performance and predicted/achieved grades.
Original post by sweeneyrod
There is no minimum score at any college. The main purpose of the CTMUA is to filter out people before interview. Since 8.4 would put you in the top 5% of applicants and they interview 80%, it would definitely be good enough for that purpose. Since more than 5% of applicants get offers, it would probably give you some advantage beyond that, but it's not going to be a huge factor in comparison to interview performance and predicted/achieved grades.

Ah that makes sense. Thxs!
what is the average score everyone is getting in their practice for CTMUA?
Does anyone know if we get a break between paper 1 and paper 2? like does the timer start the moment you click the next paper? Should've thought to check on the demo but is has expired now.
bit late but can you send the link :smile:
Reply 148
What if I need both tmua and ctmua scores as I wish to apply both to Cambridge and another Uni that requests tmua?Also is ctmua available internationally? (My British Council center does not advertise it)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending