The Student Room Group

psychology a level - choices help

Im taking bio and chem for a level but i didn't know what to do for a third option so i just put down psychology. but my mom thinks it's gonna make me go crazy and for some reason she has this vendetta about it. so she's not letting me take the subject but i don't know what else to do. theres nothing else im interested in. is she being irrational?
I do think she is being quite irrational. I have just completed Psychology at A level and it is super interesting, there are parts which can be quite psychologically daunting but hence the name. You wont learn about anything that will leave you scarred for life i will assure you lool. With two extemely hard subjects such as bio and chem you need a subject you would enjoy and I recommend Psych. However, if your mother is not budging I would suggest sociology? As this is a little similar and also quite interesting (I didn't do it at a level though). Hope I have helped :smile:
Reply 2
I picked Psychology A level and to be honest i don’t regret this option at all. At the end of the day you should make the decision not your mom. I would advise you first to think about what you want to study in future search up some unis or apprenticeship and see what subjects they prefer depending on the course. Secondly you can read about psychology or any other options that you have in school and find out more about the subjects and what you might be studying and then see if it appeals to you. Just don’t overthink it and worry too much go with your heart and pick the one you like the most you might end up liking it. Also psychology would really go great with your biology and its a really interesting subject. Trust me you wont go crazy studying it😉. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest