The Student Room Group

How to revise for year 10 mocks?

Hello, I have my year 10 mocks in two weeks and really want to do well but have no idea what type of revision would be the best to do in the time I have left. The mock tests are in science, maths, business, English literature, history, geography and drama.
Has anyone got any ideas on what I should do and which subjects would be best to prioritize?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Sienna.Lukey
Hello, I have my year 10 mocks in two weeks and really want to do well but have no idea what type of revision would be the best to do in the time I have left. The mock tests are in science, maths, business, English literature, history, geography and drama.
Has anyone got any ideas on what I should do and which subjects would be best to prioritize?

Do some Kahoots to find your weak areas or where you go wrong. Then produce revision resources such as mind maps, poster or flash cards on those topics. Then do some practice questions so you get more used to writing in exam style. When you’re confident answering these, time yourself with written answers. Good luck in your exams!
Well do bits of each, but I would focus on history, geography and the sciences, as they have the most content. I just made mindmaps and notes for all topics (starting with the ones I struggled with the most). Making notes and mindmaps is v useful in year 11, as time goes so far and you don’t have loads of time to make lots of notes, so I would recommend to keep on making notes relatively regularly (but don’t spend hours cos u rly don’t need to stress about it yet) - little and often!

Ps good luck in ur mocks ur gonna smash them
Ps REGISTER FOR ‘SENECA’ FOR LIKE ALL OF YO SUBJECTS ITS GENUINELY SO HELPFUL AH (it deffo saved my chemistry grade)
Thank you!! I will try out the mind maps as that is new to me and prioritize those specific subjects, I appreciate the help.
Original post by hboss.j.13
Well do bits of each, but I would focus on history, geography and the sciences, as they have the most content. I just made mindmaps and notes for all topics (starting with the ones I struggled with the most). Making notes and mindmaps is v useful in year 11, as time goes so far and you don’t have loads of time to make lots of notes, so I would recommend to keep on making notes relatively regularly (but don’t spend hours cos u rly don’t need to stress about it yet) - little and often!

Ps good luck in ur mocks ur gonna smash them
That sounds like a good plan thank you! It never occurred to me to use Kahoot but I think that will help me, especially if I am converting the information into flash cards.
Original post by Herbie-gem01
Do some Kahoots to find your weak areas or where you go wrong. Then produce revision resources such as mind maps, poster or flash cards on those topics. Then do some practice questions so you get more used to writing in exam style. When you’re confident answering these, time yourself with written answers. Good luck in your exams!
Flash cards for lit quotes.
Revision cards/timelines/mind maps for history
Hegarty maths if your school has it if not just practice questions
And revision cards for science
I don't do the others

brb on to it now!!
Original post by hboss.j.13
Ps REGISTER FOR ‘SENECA’ FOR LIKE ALL OF YO SUBJECTS ITS GENUINELY SO HELPFUL AH (it deffo saved my chemistry grade)
brb on to it now!!

👍👍 10/10
Thank you, these are all great ideas!!
Original post by pinkypink725
Flash cards for lit quotes.
Revision cards/timelines/mind maps for history
Hegarty maths if your school has it if not just practice questions
And revision cards for science
I don't do the others
Reply 10
YES DEFINITELY USE SENECA , im year 11 now and i upgraded to premium for the past couple months which helped but for year 10 stick with the free bit :wink:
alrighty thank you, currently off to make myself an account!
Original post by coolbi
YES DEFINITELY USE SENECA , im year 11 now and i upgraded to premium for the past couple months which helped but for year 10 stick with the free bit :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest