primary consumer
pyramid of biomass gets smaller with a proper scale as you go up
5cm^3 of fertiliser- more nutrients= more daphnia to grow
fewer Daphnia=less food for hydra + competition = more hydra dies
14000 Daphnia in 1m3
2.625x10^4 standard form
DNA in nucleus is located in chromosomes
DNA diagram- sugar, base, nucleotide,
3 amino acids in the diagram. (3 bases= 1 amino acid, there were 9 bases= 3 amino acids)
two strands twist and fold to form a double helix
human genome- can make personalised medicines, to understand how the human genome has changed e.g. evolution
tropism-geotropism/ gravitropism
phototropism -more auxin found in shaded area, shoot bends towards light, more light for photosynthesis
eye- hyperopia- convex lens= brings light rays together more= focuses on retina
brain interprets it the right way up
genotype- 50% (check attachment)
Tissue culture - more cells collected = large quantities of identical plants can grow
nutrients- stimulates growth of cells
hormones- stimulates growth of roots and stems
sterile- to prevent contamination
20 degrees-
why all the plants produced are pink- passed on favourable gene to offspring- pink gene (Was this still part of tissue culture or not?)
bacteria reproduce fastest between 2-7 as many nutrients available
Diff in rates between 7hrs and 12 hrs= 4 (there will be a range)
3 reasons: - higher temp, more moisture, more oxygen
after a meal:
1. blood glucose levels are high = pancreas produces insulin= insulin stimulates glucose to be transported to cells/ muscles for respiration + glucose travels to liver to be stored as glycogen= blood glucose levels falls and returns back to normal
2. blood glucose levels are low= pancreas produces glucagon= stimulates glycogen to be converted into glucose= rise in glucose in blood= blood glucose levels rise and returns to normal
type 2 diabetic person- body irresponsive to insulin= less glucose diffuses to cells+ less glucose stored as glycogen= high blood glucose levels/ high conc of glucose in blood
metformin control variables- same carbohydrate intake each meal -same dosage of drugs used -same activity/ movement permitted after meal (bcuz glucose will be used for movement/respiration)
most precise - the largest number +- deviation
Desert Water Loss Q- water content is too low= pituitary gland releases more ADH= into blood= kidney reabsorbs more water= more conc and lower volume of urine produced

6 markers My Guess :biggrin:

Phototropism Inv
place a pot in a box
use scissors to cut a hole on the lid
(make sure all of the seedlings can be seen through the hole-do this for +5 pots)
use ruler to measure distance of lamp from pot
use intervals of 10cm
measure length of seedling's shoots ( how it bends towards light)
repeat investigation for the 5 other pots
calc a mean
Independant V- distance of lamp from shoot
Dependant V- length of shoots
Control V- same size of holes, same lamp

eye:
ciliary muscles contract
suspensory ligaments loosen
lens is thicker
lens curves
rays refract strongly
focuses on retina
image is upside down but

As you can see I waffled.

Thank you to the person who created their unofficial mark scheme whom I copied that layout from :biggrin:

Please what are the questions for these answers? I really need it please
I calculated my score for this year to be around 145. Would this realistically be high enough for a 9. I would really like to know. It has been on my mind for a bit now.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by hello_there_123
I calculated my score for this year to be around 145. Would this realistically be high enough for a 9. I would really like to know. It has been on my mind for a bit now.

Yes I would think so since last year it was lower than that and it won’t change by more than 20 either way
Who agrees with me that the grade boundaries will go down for paper 2
I didn't think this paper was bad. The calculations were simple apart from that ongoing conflict between the question about the 14 000 daphnia 😂😂😂😂

How did you calculate your score?
I finished my exams with roughly 20 minutes to spare and looked at how many marks i would get worse case scenario and then i added them up
Original post by ShyB
How did you calculate your score?
I finished my exams with roughly 20 minutes to spare and looked at how many marks i would get worse case scenario and then i added them up

Cool
Do they only give u marks if ur answer is exactly the same as the markscheme or do they accept if it’s the same thing but slightly different wording
Original post by randomdude456
Do they only give u marks if ur answer is exactly the same as the markscheme or do they accept if it’s the same thing but slightly different wording

Your answe just has to be alông the lines of the mark scheme answer
Original post by randomdude456
Literally the first question

And then it made a reappearance and got half the people confused on whether the answer was 14 000 or 0.0014 😂
On average, did people find the biology papers easier or harder than last years?
Original post by Hudds999
Whoever wrote that exam is a knob. Spent hours learning the menstrual cycle, protein synthesis, ecology and none of it came up. Instead we had a required practical that came up last year, so I didn’t revise it. We had crap like gravitropism, 6 markers on the eye which should’ve been 4 markers. Crap about standard deviation (WTF is that!!!), bloody daphnias. I swear to god if I ever see a daphnia I will wee all over it, stupid bloody thing. We had to draw tangents and I learnt about kidney transplants and dialysis the night before only to see in the exam that I couldn’t put down any of the advantages or disadvantages that I knew!
I’m considering sending a very angry email to AQA about this stupid bloody paper, very frustrating.

update 3 months later and i just realised i got a question outside the spec too it was a "beta blocker" 6 marker question and i left is blank of course :tongue: (AQA combined Trilogy higher biology paper) oh well doing a-levels now nah #SCREWAQA, #SCREW-MICHAEL-GOVE AND #SCREWTHE-BRITISH-EDUCSATION-SYSTEM oh and the crooky government
Original post by jduxie4414
On average, did people find the biology papers easier or harder than last years?

Harder by a long way - maybe because it was in exam question situation but I thought that B1 for Trilogy 2019 was so much harder than 2018
Original post by BAnonymous03
I feel as if I failed that test. The 6 Mark question on the eye really messed me over. I put all that I could think of but I don't know if it was enough. What did everyone else put?

what was the 6 mark on the eye
Original post by bon5555557777
what was the 6 mark on the eye

stop asking for the questions sick of 2020 students doing this!!!
Original post by lolxddd123
Desert water question:
Pituitary gland, negative feedback system. When there is a lower presence of water, the pituitary gland secretes less ADH, causing the walls of the kidney tubules to become less permeable. This reduces the amount of water which moves into the kidneys, reducing the water loss of water from the body.
Cross diagram:
50%
Eyes question:
With a near object, the ciliary muscles contract and the suspensory ligaments relax. This causes the lens to become thicker, and allows light to be refracted more strongly. This allows for the light to be focused on the retina, creating a clear image.
Multiplier diagram:
2.5x-3x
Daphnia question:
other daphnia:
lxwxh = 1.85, multiply that by the sum. answer: 2.625x10^4

is this combined science i need the gcse biology paper 2 2019 aqa triple higher official paper
Original post by daisyfleur
is this combined science i need the gcse biology paper 2 2019 aqa triple higher official paper

this in triple science but pls don't ask for the questions
Original post by 1st superstar
this in triple science but pls don't ask for the questions

i wont im not gonna cheat in my mocks aiming for a 9 so im actually going to revise unlike legit everyone here whos cheating (themselves)
Original post by daisyfleur
i wont im not gonna cheat in my mocks aiming for a 9 so im actually going to revise unlike legit everyone here whos cheating (themselves)

no one was cheating here but yeah got tell that to the other 2020 GCSE students on this forum respect to you

Latest

Trending

Trending