The Student Room Group

Getting accepted for A-levels

Hey, I’m new to the forum however I wanted to ask something. I am currently sitting my GCSE’s and sit my last one this Friday (Yayyyyy). However I am wanting to progress to A-levels and there is a minimum of 5 grade 5’s including either English Language or Literature and a 4 in maths. I was wondering if anyone has been accepted to A-levels and not had the required grades needed to be accepted. I am confident I will get a 6 in finance, English language and photography however not sure where I will get two more 5’s from as I have been very ill and needed surgery this school year therefore missed a lot of content. Any information about the grades you got that were accepted would be useful. Thank you :smile:
In my school, some people didnt have the required entry grades but they were still accepted and able to do the course if the teachers think you would be able to do it or have the ability to progress. I suggest you ask the sixth form you want to go about it and see how it goes from there. Good luck
Ok thank you very much, that’s really helpful. As I stated I do believe I will get some high grades but not sure if it will reach the requirements. I’m a really good pupil in school with 0 negative points over 4 years and have caught up with work that I missed, so hopefully they will allow me a place and also due to the fact of my health improving. Thank you :smile:
Original post by PetitePanda
In my school, some people didnt have the required entry grades but they were still accepted and able to do the course if the teachers think you would be able to do it or have the ability to progress. I suggest you ask the sixth form you want to go about it and see how it goes from there. Good luck
Reply 3
Hi, I am currently in year 11 and have an a level maths entry exam next week. Our school does edexcel so do you know what kind of topics come up on the paper and is it difficult?

Quick Reply

Latest