The Student Room Group

Do guys have beards to hide their ugliness?

??

Edit: I don’t mean all guys but most of them.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

sis why. they’re gonna ask the same thing to us but makeup instead
I have a small beard, but the chin that's hiding under it is perfectly acceptable.
Yep, it's like makeup to hide jawlines
We have beards cause it brings the girls to the yard. Girls love beards :colone:
Oh, just looked at this thread...lmao 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Idk, I'm a girl but I don't think men with beards are bad 😂😂😂😂
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder smh
Personally hate beards, I don’t know many people that like them, but hey, it’s ur body and ur choice. Whatever makes u happy
sorry i thought it said bears
It's to hide the fact that I look 12 without it :burnout:
Reply 10
Original post by MillennialX
??

beards cannot mask ugliness like makeup

A beard isn't going to make a guy go up 3+ points, but if a professional makeup artist does a girls makeup that is easily achievable
Reply 11
They are indeed meant to mask their real identity, and this facilitates deindividuation. Beards the real reason male crime rates are higher.
Drake is a perfect example of what a beard can do to your face.
Yeah a clean shaven Zayn Malik is pretty fugly
Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS
sis why. they’re gonna ask the same thing to us but makeup instead

Wow what an unguarded post that was. One big difference is that beards are natural. They're a default feature of an adult male face absent regular frequent intervention by razor. So if shaving off beards really made men uglier, why do so many shave?

On the other hand, lack of makeup is the default state of any human face, so the fact women spend so much money and time on it tells us plainly that they feel that without it they're simply not attractive enough to be seen in public without embarrassment.
Original post by FTheOpps
Yep, it's like makeup to hide jawlines

Why are you talking about jawlines as though they were on a par with scars or birthmarks?
Original post by Justvisited
Why are you talking about jawlines as though they were on a par with scars or birthmarks?

Lol I like my scars and if there are girls who don't, **** 'em. I have a decent jawline but some guys have weak ones. Beards hide that and women are more attracted to them.
Is he ugly under the beard??

Attachment not found
Attachment not found
I look like Guy Martin without the beard, I dont like that (not that he's that ugly). Beards make the face more appealing
(edited 4 years ago)
some have them because they are a pain to shave... laziness.
What are you doing if you aren't growing out a nice beard? Lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending