The Student Room Group

student loan conditions

Hello, I will be an undergraduate full-time student in England from Sept 2019, I have a EU nationality, I'm thinking about asking the student loan, I read the Terms and conditions guide, but still have questions: am I eligible for loans every year of undergraduate studies or only for one or two years? The amounts of these loans are limited somehow? If not, how is it possible to repay the loan fully with the current conditions: salary threshold, 30 years to repay it all? I'm just trying to understand the system, thank you.
Original post by Valeria Dibi
Hello, I will be an undergraduate full-time student in England from Sept 2019, I have a EU nationality, I'm thinking about asking the student loan, I read the Terms and conditions guide, but still have questions: am I eligible for loans every year of undergraduate studies or only for one or two years? The amounts of these loans are limited somehow? If not, how is it possible to repay the loan fully with the current conditions: salary threshold, 30 years to repay it all? I'm just trying to understand the system, thank you.

have you lived in england/the uk for 5 years by september?
No, I've always lived in France but chose to study in England as undergraduate
Original post by claireestelle
have you lived in england/the uk for 5 years by september?
No, I've always lived in France but chose to study in England as undergraduate

you can only have a student loan for tuition fees for 9.25k and yes it would be for the whole of your degree , although with brexit it's possible that might change in the future.
Thank you for the answer!
I suppose it's too late to apply for a student loan now, to pay my first year?
Thanks a lot!
you can only have a student loan for tuition fees for 9.25k and yes it would be for the whole of your degree , although with brexit it's possible that might change in the future.
Thank you for the answer!
I suppose it's too late to apply for a student loan now, to pay my first year?
Thanks a lot!

it might mean the university would be paid late but yes you can apply now
Thank you!
it might mean the university would be paid late but yes you can apply now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending