The Student Room Group

Bursaries' Grants and Loans, oh my

I am looking to start university soon, however I am currently in a full time role earning just over £25000 per year.
I am considering part time, however there is a part of me that wants to go full time.
With that in mind however, on top of course fees, I would still have bills to pay. My monthly average is around £700 per month, this is all on direct bills, nothing i would be able to cut back on.

With that in mind, is anyone aware of anyways I could support this whilst also being in full time degree study?
I am aware of student loans and maintenance loans, but they would come up a tad shy.
Original post by CBacchus79
I am looking to start university soon, however I am currently in a full time role earning just over £25000 per year.
I am considering part time, however there is a part of me that wants to go full time.
With that in mind however, on top of course fees, I would still have bills to pay. My monthly average is around £700 per month, this is all on direct bills, nothing i would be able to cut back on.

With that in mind, is anyone aware of anyways I could support this whilst also being in full time degree study?
I am aware of student loans and maintenance loans, but they would come up a tad shy.

The majority of students take out both loans and then some work part time to top up the coffers. University bursaries are usually for students from low income backgrounds - you can check the conditions on the websites of the unis you are interested in. What course are you interested in studying as the NHS provides additional support for healthcare courses?

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-calculator

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending