The Student Room Group

National 5 Mathematics course Questions

Hi,

I've applied to sit a National 5 Mathematics Course with our local college so that i may progress onto a teaching qualification (i already have a 1st in psychology and a cogneuro pgcert distinction). I'm waiting to hear back from my college about some things.

What textbooks do you recommend? Any good online resources that you recommend to supplement studying? Just looking for some tips. I regret not studying harder in high school for maths.

Has anyone sat these courses outside of High School? If so, are we assessed at the same time as everyone else in the colleges, or can we sit the exams earlier?

Thanks for any help in advance!
Original post by StudentSlam
Hi,

I've applied to sit a National 5 Mathematics Course with our local college so that i may progress onto a teaching qualification (i already have a 1st in psychology and a cogneuro pgcert distinction). I'm waiting to hear back from my college about some things.

What textbooks do you recommend? Any good online resources that you recommend to supplement studying? Just looking for some tips. I regret not studying harder in high school for maths.

Has anyone sat these courses outside of High School? If so, are we assessed at the same time as everyone else in the colleges, or can we sit the exams earlier?

Thanks for any help in advance!

The Leckie and Leckie student book is a pretty comprehensive textbook- loads of practice questions and decent explanations.
This website has a tonne of free resources and pretty much anything you could need for practice (and I'm not sure you'd even need a textbook if you're being taught in a class and using the website)- https://www.national5maths.co.uk/

The exam date is the same for everyone, and any other assessments are at the discretion of the college/school.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Thanks very much Labrador99, i'll check out this textbook. :smile:
Reply 3
Can recommend the "How to Pass" book, which is very good for explaining the processes for each topic rigorously.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending