The Student Room Group

National 5 Subject Choice

So im currently in s3 picking my nat 5 subjects rn. Im thinking of picking N5 Mathematics N5 English, Accounting, Engineering Science and Modern Studies im also thinking of picking computer science but i dont know. Just wanting to know peoples thoughts about these subjects.
Reply 1
it depends on what you want to do in when you leave school, if your thinking about going into stem (engineering) you will want physics or chemistry or both. See if cs is relevant to what you want to do and go from there
Reply 2
Original post by umxr1mran
it depends on what you want to do in when you leave school, if your thinking about going into stem (engineering) you will want physics or chemistry or both. See if cs is relevant to what you want to do and go from there

okay thankyou! im thinking of either going into stem or finance
Original post by hhgbjjhggc
So im currently in s3 picking my nat 5 subjects rn. Im thinking of picking N5 Mathematics N5 English, Accounting, Engineering Science and Modern Studies im also thinking of picking computer science but i dont know. Just wanting to know peoples thoughts about these subjects.

Hi @hhgbjjhggc
It is good to have a range for national 5 subjects which you have a mix of mathematic and written based whilst also being mindful of what you might go onto take at Higher level or need for future pathways to work / further education. It may be worth having a look at a range of things you may be interested to do in the future and see if they require anything specific such as a language. Ultimately, choosing things you have an interest in will make them more enjoyable and hopefully easier to understand and feel motivated for exams.
Best wishes for your subject choices! Catherine - University of Strathclyde
Reply 4
Original post by University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador

Hi @hhgbjjhggc
It is good to have a range for national 5 subjects which you have a mix of mathematic and written based whilst also being mindful of what you might go onto take at Higher level or need for future pathways to work / further education. It may be worth having a look at a range of things you may be interested to do in the future and see if they require anything specific such as a language. Ultimately, choosing things you have an interest in will make them more enjoyable and hopefully easier to understand and feel motivated for exams.
Best wishes for your subject choices! Catherine - University of Strathclyde

such a weird coincidence but i applied to the engineering the future with girls at uni of strathcylde today as i alr do a course w shell , girls in energy, and they said it would be a great opportunity, anyways thanks for the advice! ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending