The Student Room Group

Hello. This is my GCSE GYG? 😲

Scroll to see replies

Add me to the tag list please! You're actually quite lucky because you start the GCSE course a year earlier so you have an extra year for content :biggrin:
Original post by SlightlySummer
Add me to the tag list please! You're actually quite lucky because you start the GCSE course a year earlier so you have an extra year for content :biggrin:

I know, I'm so glad that happened. :adore:
The only thing that doesn't count for is Spanish lmao, which is starting next year. :bhangra:

Of course I'll add you, I'm having an update tomorrow. Thanks for reading!
Original post by Roses & Dreams
:yep: I think the system changed because we all picked our GCSEs in Year 8 and started them in Year 9. Thank you! :colondollar:

Yay! I have a French buddy. :cookie: :hi:

Je suis d'accord, on peut s'aider. :danceboy: J'adore le français, en ce moment c'est mon sujet préféré mais j'ai travailler beaucoup. :albertein:
Je crois que c'était un examen d'écrire :groovy:? Si tu veux, je peux te donner des conseilles en anglais?

I don't understand the last bit lmao. :colondollar: I know you said I wouldn't mind but I don't know what tu m'identifies means. Unless it means you identify me, which I doubt. :s-smilie:

:rofl: French is hard work.

I'm pretty sure it can mean 'to tag' or something (rawly, I do think it means identify 😅), I believe it was in one of my listening exams where it can mean that. Idk man 😂.

Donc, mon amie de français- comment ça va? mdr. Je vois que tu as beaucoup de "emoticons" 😋. Uhhh, de quoi voudrais-tu parler?? 😂. Aussi, bien sûr, tes conseilles semblent très utiles! Je suis vraiment jaloux que tu as trois ans pour tes GCSEs!

Yeah, I can't really keep any conversations going even if my life depended on it. 👀

French is something which I try so hard in yet my teacher still manages to crush all my dreams. 🙃
Original post by Shazington
I'm pretty sure it can mean 'to tag' or something (rawly, I do think it means identify 😅), I believe it was in one of my listening exams where it can mean that. Idk man 😂.

Donc, mon amie de français- comment ça va? mdr. Je vois que tu as beaucoup de "emoticons" 😋. Uhhh, de quoi voudrais-tu parler?? 😂. Aussi, bien sûr, tes conseilles semblent très utiles! Je suis vraiment jaloux que tu as trois ans pour tes GCSEs!

Yeah, I can't really keep any conversations going even if my life depended on it. 👀

French is something which I try so hard in yet my teacher still manages to crush all my dreams. 🙃

Oh my goodness- I never knew that! Of course I can tag you, I'm updating tomorrow. :yep:

Ça va bien merci, et toi? Je sais bien, j'adore mes 'émoticônes' :dancing2: :eek4: :nyan: Il n'y a pas besoin d'être jaloux, ça signifie que je dois réviser plus au lieu de me réposer. :afraid:
Est-ce que tu aimes la musique française?

For the writing exam, the reason I got a 9 is because of Memrise. In fact, the only reason I'm doing GCSE French is probably because of Memrise. :redface: It has helped me no end with complex vocab that you can slide into your work and make it shine. :moon: I am currently using it for Spanish too. There are many times when I have sat a listening exam and thanked my dear friend Memrise because there are words that I would never have discovered without it. :gthumb: Use Quizlet as well and make sure to keep up with your tenses, making your writing flow spontaneously with a wide range of past, present, future (and more for top grades) is essential. :banana: Learn loads of conjunctions and pack in opinions, reasons, give different people's viewpoints. There's way more, but those are necessary for a strong grade I guess. Well, that's what I did anyway. :colondollar:

:blow: It's difficult to keep some conversations up. Ever tried speaking to a teacher and never know what to say? :blushing:

Keep on trying. Don't give up, because I never did with French and now I want to pursue it as an A level. And I got the incredible opportunity of taking Spanish! :dance: Ignore the teacher, and anyway why did they crush your dreams? Shouldn't it be you who decides which dreams are crushed and which aren't? :cookie:

Buena suerte! :borat: (Bonne chance- same thing, different language.)
(edited 4 years ago)
Yo. My name is Joe. And I work in a button factory. :blushing: Anybody remember that or just me? :dancing2:

[scroll]Hello people! :hi:[/scroll]

Enough cringe I guess for one update. The above says it all. :yep: And my phone keeps on glitching, which is just great really. :argh:

I've had an incredible week, where I've basically just relaxed, stayed at home, binge watched Netflix... :blah:
:blow: :cookie: :dance: :emog: :eek4:

What have I been up to?
First of all, it was my 7 year old cousin's birthday this week. :birthday: So, we went to the cinema and I really wanted to watch the new Spiderman, but he insisted on Lion King. :colonhash: :boing: I thought that it was going to be :facepalm: but it was actually really good and I ended up crying a little. :cry2: Perhaps.
Then we went to Pizza Hut and there were so many people that I had to sit on a table by myself. :crazy: Even my pizza wasn't shared, and I felt so lonely. :confused: :ashamed: Mainly because I was in a restaurant with a bunch of 7 year olds who didn't exactly know me, but OK. :borat:

Went 'shopping' with my friends 2 days later :excited: and we decided to try out this new ride. :s-smilie: I was a little apprehensive because it was a bungie ball thing mabob and I was terrified I would fall out. :ciao: Well, I went on it and let's just say it was fun, but I was sick for the next half an hour. :eyeball: We then bought loads of stuff and went home.

I got a new rabbit, so I've been a little preoccupied with her. :bunny: She's so small and cute and lovely and :bubbles: :cube:

Other than that, I have watched a lot of Netflix, been on TSR :danceboy: and eaten a lot of Sensations. Oh, and I'm trying to persuade my parents to buy me a whiteboard, which isn't working. :redface:

Studies:
Ummmmm. Honestly? I haven't done anything other than Spanish and French work. :getmecoat: Woopsie.

However, I have some flashcards to do and I need to look at An Inspector Calls. :work: My English Lit teacher wasn't here, and so we basically read about 3 pages of the play and didn't do anything with it. So, this is where Unicorn becomes mature and studies it herself. :dumbells: :unimpressed: :mmm: Well, at least studies it next week. Or whenever. :rolleyes:

When will I get my timetable? Never I guess. :burnout:

Sorry there's not so much to update about and if I'm boring you, but there was my week. I fell down a bus as well but you know, it happens. :bird:

Tags:

Spoiler

As always, if you want to be added or removed, just let me know. :yep:

Enjoy the remaining holidays, have an incredible time and be happy (OK, maybe the policeman isn't happy but who cares!?) :colondollar::ymca:

Good luck to anyone getting results soon, I know you guys are nervous but you are amazing! :moon: :nyan: Until next week, au revoir (goodybe for those who want me to translate it ) ! :heart::groovy: :flute: :happy2:
(edited 4 years ago)
Yo. My name is Joe. And I work in a button factory. :blushing: Anybody remember that or just me? :dancing2:

Enough cringe I guess for one update. The above says it all. :yep: And my phone keeps on glitching, which is just great really. :argh:

I've had an incredible week, where I've basically just relaxed, stayed at home, binge watched Netflix... :blah:

What have I been up to?
First of all, it was my 7 year old cousin's birthday this week. :birthday: So, we went to the cinema and I really wanted to watch the new Spiderman, but he insisted on Lion King. :colonhash: :boing: I thought that it was going to be :facepalm: but it was actually really good and I ended up crying a little. :cry2: Perhaps.
Then we went to Pizza Hut and there were so many people that I had to sit on a table by myself. :crazy: Even my pizza wasn't shared, and I felt so lonely. :confused: :ashamed: Mainly because I was in a restaurant with a bunch of 7 year olds who didn't exactly know me, but OK. :borat:

Went 'shopping' with my friends 2 days later :excited: and we decided to try out this new ride. :s-smilie: I was a little apprehensive because it was a bungie ball thing mabob and I was terrified I would fall out. :ciao: Well, I went on it and let's just say it was fun, but I was sick for the next half an hour. :eyeball: We then bought loads of stuff and went home.

I got a new rabbit, so I've been a little preoccupied with her. :bunny: She's so small and cute and lovely and :bubbles: :cube:

Other than that, I have watched a lot of Netflix, been on TSR :danceboy: and eaten a lot of Sensations. Oh, and I'm trying to persuade my parents to buy me a whiteboard, which isn't working. :redface:

Studies:
Ummmmm. Honestly? I haven't done anything other than Spanish and French work. :getmecoat: Woopsie.

However, I have some flashcards to do and I need to look at An Inspector Calls. :work: My English Lit teacher wasn't here, and so we basically read about 3 pages of the play and didn't do anything with it. So, this is where Unicorn becomes mature and studies it herself. :dumbells: :unimpressed: :mmm: Well, at least studies it next week. Or whenever. :rolleyes:

Sorry there's not so much to update about and if I'm boring you, but there was my week. I fell down a bus as well but you know, it happens. :bird:

Tags:

Spoiler

Enjoy the remaining holidays, have an incredible time and be happy (OK, maybe the policeman isn't happy but who cares!?) :colondollar::ymca:

Good luck to anyone getting results soon, I know you guys are nervous but you are amazing! :moon: :nyan: Until next week, au revoir (goodybe for those who want me to translate it ) ! :heart::groovy: :flute: :happy2:

oooooh my i used to play that game all the time in drama!
sounds like you had a good week, netflix and eating? the d r e a m
aww what kinda rabbit do you have?
oh and don't worry too much about reading the books for eng lit, like obvs its good to read them but as long as you get what happens and memorise your quotes, get down some essay techniques then you'll be good
:cool:
Original post by mez_merising
oooooh my i used to play that game all the time in drama!
sounds like you had a good week, netflix and eating? the d r e a m
aww what kinda rabbit do you have?
oh and don't worry too much about reading the books for eng lit, like obvs its good to read them but as long as you get what happens and memorise your quotes, get down some essay techniques then you'll be good

:yep: Memories of Year 7 and 8. Ahhhh, good times.
Netflix and eating are the best things in the world. :moon: The funny thing is that this week has gone by a lot quicker than expected.

She's a little grey mini rex (I think that's what they're called) rabbit. She's really small too and super duper cute.

I know, I just need to do a little bit of catch-up because the play happens to be my weakest. I might just memorise a few good quotes and analyse them in depth. :yep: Thank you!
Original post by Obolinda
:cool:

:blow:

What have I been up to?

Studies:

Tags:

Spoiler

That was an interesting read!
What are you planning on getting a whiteboard for? (I'm assuming you mean a big one for a wall)

What have I been up to?

Studies:

Tags:

Spoiler

One day my boss came up to me he said Joe I said yo, are you busy? :lol:

sounds like your having a lovely time :hugs:

new rabbit :awesome: love rabbits what’s her name?

Take care :cube: and don’t worry too much about study enjoy yourself :yep:

thanks I need all the luck I can get :bricks::broken:
Original post by SlightlySummer
That was an interesting read!
What are you planning on getting a whiteboard for? (I'm assuming you mean a big one for a wall)

Thank you. :colondollar:
:yep: I want a massive one on the wall because I could write reminders on there for what has to be completed. I forget a lot of things... :blushing:

Spoiler

Original post by I AM GROOT 1
One day my boss came up to me he said Joe I said yo, are you busy? :lol:

sounds like your having a lovely time :hugs:

new rabbit :awesome: love rabbits what’s her name?

Take care :cube: and don’t worry too much about study enjoy yourself :yep:

thanks I need all the luck I can get :bricks::broken:

I said no. Can you push this button with your right hand? :blah:

Spoiler

I am, it's been epic. :yep:

I love rabbits too, we called her Bonny and she's so sweet. :colondollar: Really cute as well, but she's tiny and sometimes I get scared that I'll squish her or something lol. I also found out she loves lettuce and being stroked. :emog:

I'll try not to but before I get back to school I need to become more confident in Spanish, as this is the first year I'm taking it. :afraid: You take care too Grooty. :cube:

Don't worry girl, I'm sure you've done really well. :dumbells: :jumphug: A-level results right?
I said no. Can you push this button with your right hand? :blah:

Spoiler

I am, it's been epic. :yep:

I love rabbits too, we called her Bonny and she's so sweet. :colondollar: Really cute as well, but she's tiny and sometimes I get scared that I'll squish her or something lol. I also found out she loves lettuce and being stroked. :emog:

I'll try not to but before I get back to school I need to become more confident in Spanish, as this is the first year I'm taking it. :afraid: You take care too Grooty. :cube:

Don't worry girl, I'm sure you've done really well. :dumbells: :jumphug: A-level results right?

Push that button :angry:

Spoiler

Great :biggrin:

:five: what breed is it? Awww that’s sooo cute :heart: bless

Okay I’m sure you will be fine your working so hard :rave: u got this

Ooo can u add me to the tag list?
Need serious school help😂
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
Push that button :angry:

Spoiler

Great :biggrin:

:five: what breed is it? Awww that’s sooo cute :heart: bless

Okay I’m sure you will be fine your working so hard :rave: u got this

:frown: I will do. I'm not exactly busy am I? :laugh:

Spoiler

I believe she's a grey mini rex. Type it into Google and they should come up, except she's a lot smaller. :bunny2: :cube:

Thank you. I hope I've got it, I do love the subject so much. :yep:

In your own words, Groot luck! :bhangra:
Original post by Rainsmith
Ooo can u add me to the tag list?
Need serious school help😂

Of course, I'll add you next time I update (Tuesday) :yeah:
I'm sure you're a lot better than you think. And there's always time to improve! :yes:

Enjoy your summer!
glad you enjoyed the lion king :woo:
please share pics of your bunny :puppyeyes:
good luck trying to get your parents to buy you a whiteboard :rave: it sounds like a really good idea to write things on there if you forget them a lot :thumbsup:
enjoy your holiday too :cube:
Original post by nyxnko_
glad you enjoyed the lion king :woo:
please share pics of your bunny :puppyeyes:
good luck trying to get your parents to buy you a whiteboard :rave: it sounds like a really good idea to write things on there if you forget them a lot :thumbsup:
enjoy your holiday too :cube:

Heyo :hi:
Yeah, it was really good! :yep: *Go Simba!*

I would, but all of the current pics I have with her also have me in them. And at this moment in time, I can't keep her still; she's trying to chew a pencil. :eyeball: If you google grey mini rex bunnies, a few should come up that look a bit like her, just imagine them smaller. I'll try and get one later. :dumbells:

I'm going to need all the luck with the whiteboard lol, my parents believe that it willfall on me when revising. :blushing: :blah:

Thank you. :cube:
:frown: I will do. I'm not exactly busy am I? :laugh:

Spoiler

I believe she's a grey mini rex. Type it into Google and they should come up, except she's a lot smaller. :bunny2: :cube:

Thank you. I hope I've got it, I do love the subject so much. :yep:

In your own words, Groot luck! :bhangra:

:tongue: indeed

Spoiler

Aww so cute I have a Netherland dwarf :tongue:

no worries :h:

:lol: Aww thanks :cube:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending