The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

UoN Late Accommodation???

So I recently got an unconditional offer to study at university of nottingham. I really want to stay in halls but apparently I've missed the accommodation guarantee deadline. I can't apply for accommodation until I've firmed them, so wtf am I supposed to do if they can't guarantee I'll have somewhere to stay?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So I recently got an unconditional offer to study at university of nottingham. I really want to stay in halls but apparently I've missed the accommodation guarantee deadline. I can't apply for accommodation until I've firmed them, so wtf am I supposed to do if they can't guarantee I'll have somewhere to stay?

University of Nottingham should help you to find alternative accommodation despite you missing the accommodation guarantee deadline so try not to worry too much. :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
thanks for your reply, but I can't accept this offer not knowing I'll have a place to stay provided by the uni - I don't want to go private first year. What if I accept the offer and they have no spaces left??? I have another offer from a different uni who will guarantee my accommodation. Really stuck
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
University of Nottingham should help you to find alternative accommodation despite you missing the accommodation guarantee deadline so try not to worry too much. :smile:

there's still halls spots available, might not get your no 1 choice but all will be fine.

On results day a bunch more halls accommodation becomes available as well

Spaces open up on results day usually. Make sure you apply on results day or even before if possible.

I got in through clearing, was put on a waiting list because I applied for accommodation the day after results day. Was a stressful 2 weeks, but I got Hugh Stewart 1-2 weeks before uni started
Reply 5
I emailed the accommodation team and they said halls are fully booked. Surely if I apply now I won't get a place in halls? Should I wait until before results day to apply or should I apply now?
Original post by SuperHuman98
Spaces open up on results day usually. Make sure you apply on results day or even before if possible.

I got in through clearing, was put on a waiting list because I applied for accommodation the day after results day. Was a stressful 2 weeks, but I got Hugh Stewart 1-2 weeks before uni started
I emailed the accommodation team and they said halls are fully booked. Surely if I apply now I won't get a place in halls? Should I wait until before results day to apply or should I apply now?

Call them and ask them what happens if you apply now. Chances are they put you on a waiting list? Mention the possibility of spaces opening up on results day.

Im sure all the on-campus Uni halls accomodation is full, but if you go on FB there are always people looking to move out of halls accommodation, there is a wide variety of external halls (some on the uni website) some not on the uni website but can be found via google.

On results day more accomodation will become available... (happens every year)

Alternatively you can live in lenton or other areas in student housing, there is a lot of this available and has lots of benefits over halls.
Reply 8
Hi, please can you direct me to this facebook page, and which are external halls? Would I be able to know before accepting my offer if accommodation was available? Thank you
Original post by mnot
Im sure all the on-campus Uni halls accomodation is full, but if you go on FB there are always people looking to move out of halls accommodation, there is a wide variety of external halls (some on the uni website) some not on the uni website but can be found via google.

On results day more accomodation will become available... (happens every year)

Alternatively you can live in lenton or other areas in student housing, there is a lot of this available and has lots of benefits over halls.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending