The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Akanya31x
Hi i have another question regarding this statement. If you could please ask the medicine team and get back to me that would be much appreciated. I dropped grades in two of my subjects, does this mean for summer 2021 i will only take those two subjects which in my case is biology and chemistry or will i have to take all three a-levels again in the summer 2021.

Please can someone reply to my query quickly. I am very nervous at the moment.
Please can someone reply to my query quickly. I am very nervous at the moment.

I think you only need to retake in the subjects you dropped grades in. Again, maybe the student ambassadors can provide more insight! Good luck! :smile:
Original post by ZuhaNav
Thank you so much for your help. I've now contacted him

It wasn't a problem at all! Glad I could help! :smile:
Hi i have another question regarding this statement. If you could please ask the medicine team and get back to me that would be much appreciated. I dropped grades in two of my subjects, does this mean for summer 2021 i will only take those two subjects which in my case is biology and chemistry or will i have to take all three a-levels again in the summer 2021.

Hello again! I am sorry I couldn't get back to you on this earlier but could you please talk to one of the Senior Lecturers in Medicine, Dr Gordon Dent about this? You can do so on our Unibuddy scheme, which can be accessed through this link- https://api.unibuddy.co/og/keele-university/buddies/staff/5ea6d60e4b90e1085c5425f6
Does anyone know when you're supposed to apply for accommodation if you got in through the reserve list/ adjustments. Are they supposed to email you about it. I know you apply 48 hours after the confirmation of your place which will be tomorrow. Should i just go to their website and apply tomorrow?
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador1

I've deferred to 2021! Thanks for being so helpful:smile:

Hi

Has the A level requirement for 2021 entry changed? Is it AAA?
Please could you advice?
I got a place via adjustment and I'm waiting for an email from the University before I start applying for accommodation which I assume should come on Monday.
Original post by Rosie william112
Does anyone know when you're supposed to apply for accommodation if you got in through the reserve list/ adjustments. Are they supposed to email you about it. I know you apply 48 hours after the confirmation of your place which will be tomorrow. Should i just go to their website and apply tomorrow?

Hey! I also got a place through adjustment and I was told to wait for the university email which should be coming on Monday!
Original post by aaliswalker
Hey! I also got a place through adjustment and I was told to wait for the university email which should be coming on Monday!

Ah right. Did they tell u via email. I already applied from their website a few hours ago as it said clearing and adjustment applicants can apply 48 hours later. Dont know if i was meant to do that. Oh well!!!
Ah right. Did they tell u via email. I already applied from their website a few hours ago as it said clearing and adjustment applicants can apply 48 hours later. Dont know if i was meant to do that. Oh well!!!

I suggest calling their accomodation team on Monday, can we keep in contact since we're both in the same situation rn?
Original post by Laboromniavincit
Hi

Has the A level requirement for 2021 entry changed? Is it AAA?
Please could you advice?

Hello! Yes, you are right. The university website says that A levels in three subjects at grades of AAA are required, including biology OR chemistry plus
another designated second subject: biology, chemistry, economics, maths/further maths/statistics, physics, psychology a third academic subject: any except
- pre-2018 non-academic A-levels (general studies, citizenship, critical thinking)
- barred subject combination (i.e. further maths or statistics with maths)

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask! :smile:
Original post by ZuhaNav
I've deferred to 2021! Thanks for being so helpful:smile:

Glad to hear that! Don't worry about it! That is what I am here for. Good luck with your exams in October! :smile:

Hello guys! I am sorry about all the confusion. The only thing I can think of is that the accommodations team are waiting until Monday to send the email out so they can make sure that everything is confirmed before they do (they don't work during the weekends as well). If you don't receive any information by Monday, let me know on here and I will be happy to contact them for you. :smile:
I suggest calling their accomodation team on Monday, can we keep in contact since we're both in the same situation rn?

Yea we should. I will email them about it if i don't get an email from them on Monday
Hi, basically I missed out on my place this year, however Keele have said that they will reinstate my offer for next year. Everyone is saying I will have to take the exams in October, but I just called admissions and they have said I can do them in either October or next Summer. Please could you confirm this as I'm very confused at the moment? Thanks

Hello again! Have you heard anything from the university yet?
Original post by hollyannebird
Hi, basically I missed out on my place this year, however Keele have said that they will reinstate my offer for next year. Everyone is saying I will have to take the exams in October, but I just called admissions and they have said I can do them in either October or next Summer. Please could you confirm this as I'm very confused at the moment? Thanks

Hello there! If admissions said that you can do them on either October or the summer, you should be okay with doing them next summer. I will also email admissions to find out for sure. :smile:

Yes! Today I was given my student ID and have applied for accommodation. Thank you!

I havent heard anything yet!

Latest

Trending

Trending