The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rosie william112
I havent heard anything yet!

I contacted accommodation via email to ask and they sent it.
Original post by aaliswalker
Yes! Today I was given my student ID and have applied for accommodation. Thank you!

That great to know! Hope everything goes smoothly from here! :smile:

I have emailed the accommodations team regarding this. I will get back to you as soon as I hear back from them! :smile:
Original post by hollyannebird
Hi, basically I missed out on my place this year, however Keele have said that they will reinstate my offer for next year. Everyone is saying I will have to take the exams in October, but I just called admissions and they have said I can do them in either October or next Summer. Please could you confirm this as I'm very confused at the moment? Thanks

Hello again! I received this response from admissions- This is our guidance for offer holders:
If you are sitting exams in the autumn 2020 or summer 2021 in order to improve your grades and you held a firm or insurance offer with Keele for 2020, you should reapply via UCAS. Please include original Centre Assessed Grades on your UCAS application. You will not need to resit UCAT or be reinterviewed. Offer for 2021 will be reinstated @ AAA. Please let us know on [email protected] when you have submitted the application.

They can take exams in Autumn or summer, but shouldn't have multiple attempts.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask! Thank you for your patience! :smile:

Hello! I received a response from accommodation today. This is what they had to say- You can ask them to call the office for more info - just so that we can check their application.
I understand there will be a message on the website later today about accommodation and the delay.

You can contact the accommodations team on +44 1782 733065.
I am sorry I couldn't be of much help. If you face any other issues, please don't hesitate to contact me on here. :smile:
(Original post by 2020applicant)Well done! and I feel the exact same, i've tried calling and they said that they are currently very busy at the moment and apparently next week it will be quieter, but i dont think i can wait that long!!!!!!!!!!

Original post by _kaimccann
Of course, I was going to ask the same question. My grades are AAB, which I’m really happy about but I don’t think it’s enough:frown:

I just want a decision so I can have a bit of direction of where to go from here. Try calling the enquiries team *01782 692326‬ , the explanation for the UCAS track not updating was that they are still processing the grades. I wonder if you could call and tell me if you have any luck finding some more information?

Thank you:smile:

hey just wondering if you got the place?
Reply 1226
Hi, just wondering if anyone is still waiting for an accommodation offer??
Hi!
Does anyone know where to go (on Facebook etc) to find people in my flat/ accomodation block?

Original post by acj94

Still waiting, it’s meant to take a while but boy is it nerve wracking.
Original post by acj94

Original post by aaliswalker
Still waiting, it’s meant to take a while but boy is it nerve wracking.

Hello! When I spoke to the accommodations office regarding this query, I was advised to ask you to communicate the office directly so your applications can be checked. You can contact the accommodations team on +44 1782 733065. :smile:
Original post by Dysania23
Hi!
Does anyone know where to go (on Facebook etc) to find people in my flat/ accomodation block?

Hello! You can also try the Keele University Student Life 2020/2021 group. :smile:
@Keele Student Ambassador @Keele Student Ambassador1
I am a prospective student from an EU country who will be arriving at my accommodation at Keele on the 26th of September. My mom and sister plan to accompany me, and help me settle in. I was wondering whether you guys think that they would be allowed to stay with me, at my accommodation, for perhaps until the 29th of September?
Original post by Monkeydoodles
I am a prospective student from an EU country who will be arriving at my accommodation at Keele on the 26th of September. My mom and sister plan to accompany me, and help me settle in. I was wondering whether you guys think that they would be allowed to stay with me, at my accommodation, for perhaps until the 29th of September?

From which country please? Will you come directly to Keele when you arrive in the UK?
Original post by steveyp0101
From which country please? Will you come directly to Keele when you arrive in the UK?

Sweden. Yes, I will be coming directly to Keele!

Hi there.

I’m going to e-mail the accommodations team for you with this query as i’m unsure about the current policy in regards to visitors. I’ll reply to you as soon as they get back to me. :smile:
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador
Hi there.

I’m going to e-mail the accommodations team for you with this query as i’m unsure about the current policy in regards to visitors. I’ll reply to you as soon as they get back to me. :smile:

Thank youuu :smile: :h:
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador
Hi there.

I'm afraid that the challenge is the present UK rules on entering the UK from Sweden. At present any person entering the UK from Sweden has to self-isolate for 14 days. Broadly this means that you and your mother/sister needs to stay in one place and not go outside (except for some exercise). I recommend you check the government rules and also speak to your hall in Keele - I am sure they will have provisions in place to help you (bringing food to you in hall, etc) but I doubt they can also help your mother and sister. There are some possible exceptions which may help your mother and sister - e.g. if they are going directly out of the UK from the place they are staying in the UK. Link to the government rules is here:-
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-how-to-self-isolate-when-you-travel-to-the-uk/coronavirus-covid-19-how-to-self-isolate-when-you-travel-to-the-uk
Sorry :-(. Good luck.
Original post by steveyp0101
I'm afraid that the challenge is the present UK rules on entering the UK from Sweden. At present any person entering the UK from Sweden has to self-isolate for 14 days. Broadly this means that you and your mother/sister needs to stay in one place and not go outside (except for some exercise). I recommend you check the government rules and also speak to your hall in Keele - I am sure they will have provisions in place to help you (bringing food to you in hall, etc) but I doubt they can also help your mother and sister. There are some possible exceptions which may help your mother and sister - e.g. if they are going directly out of the UK from the place they are staying in the UK. Link to the government rules is here:-
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-how-to-self-isolate-when-you-travel-to-the-uk/coronavirus-covid-19-how-to-self-isolate-when-you-travel-to-the-uk
Sorry :-(. Good luck.

heyyyy, I thought you were asking about my nationality when you asked about what I country I am from. Yes, I am a Swedish citizen, but I have been Lativia for a year, with my family. I don't believe my current country of residence is on the UK quarantine list, so the above rules wouldn't apply to me I believe. With this change in circumstances, what would you suggest the ruling is for visitors at uni accommodations?
heyyyy, I thought you were asking about my nationality when you asked about what I country I am from. Yes, I am a Swedish citizen, but I have been Lativia for a year, with my family. I don't believe my current country of residence is on the UK quarantine list, so the above rules wouldn't apply to me I believe. With this change in circumstances, what would you suggest the ruling is for visitors at uni accommodations?

Phew! Good news re Latvia. I leave it to the Keele Ambassador to answer re halls.
Thank youuu :smile: :h:

Hi there!

So the team have got back to me and said that unfortunately no visitors are allowed at the moment. They’ve also reminded me that if they are coming from a country that requires you to quarantine for 14 days that they should arrive on September 12th.

I am sorry this is probably not the news you were wanting to hear!

If there’s anything else I can help you with then please let me know :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending