The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by who_sane
Showey, do think it's worth me emailing S.Hollywood myself? I sent my qualification to Dr Watson and she emailed to say she sent them to him. I think that should suffice but just want your opinion. I just don't want to bombard him with emails after she's said she has forwarded then

You don't have to send it to him since she's informed you that she has. But, you can ring him if you so wish. Please, let me know should you need his number?
Thanks man, I'll let you know
Reply 442
Thanks man, I'll let you know

Who_sane, has your offer now updated to Unconditional?
Reply 443
Original post by SHOWEY
Well done once more Marz12!

Do you have to confirm the Unconditional offer as well? I thought since you've firmed the Conditional, the Unconditional from track is just to inform you that you're now Unconditional?

My track application asked me to firm my choice only once it became unconditional. I had an email saying that there was new activity on track asking me to log in. Hope that makes sense
Reply 444
Original post by Marz12
My track application asked me to firm my choice only once it became unconditional. I had an email saying that there was new activity on track asking me to log in. Hope that makes sense

Yes it does, cheers for getting back to me.

I was able to firm/accept my Offer when it was Conditional. So, when it became Unconditional, I received the message via track application but, no place (button) to accept/firm the Unconditional Offer since I had already accepted/firmed the Conditional one.
Original post by SHOWEY
Who_sane, has your offer now updated to Unconditional?

No not yet, I'll update you as soon as it has though
Reply 446
No not yet, I'll update you as soon as it has though

Ah, do you want to give Sean a ring?
No no, I think I'll wait for now. Hopefully it should be sorted for next week
Reply 448

Ok, no worries.
Reply 449
Hey! Is anyone relocating to Liverpool? What are you doing about accommodation?
I'm relocating to liverpool from Hull.
I'm looking at selling my flat and renting in Liverpool. Feeling a bit stressed at the thought of it! Especially with everything going on.

I have enquired about a room in a shared house in St. Helen's, and enquired about a few flats.
It's all a bit daunting! I've lived on my own for a number of years and a bit worried about student living 😂

I also have a cat, which always makes finding a suitable home more difficult.

How are you finding things??
Reply 451
Original post by huntervet
I'm relocating to liverpool from Hull.
I'm looking at selling my flat and renting in Liverpool. Feeling a bit stressed at the thought of it! Especially with everything going on.

I have enquired about a room in a shared house in St. Helen's, and enquired about a few flats.
It's all a bit daunting! I've lived on my own for a number of years and a bit worried about student living 😂

I also have a cat, which always makes finding a suitable home more difficult.

How are you finding things??

I'm finding it all a bit much as well! I live alone currently so definitely worried about student accommodation. I'm trying to get a studio but all a bit pricey! Thinking maybe of a 2 bed or something as could be a bit cheaper. I am also looking at staying in Liverpool and commuting.

Aww! You have a cat so cute! I'm having to leave mine in London with my sister..gutted about that!
Reply 452
Afternoon all,

My partner and I will be moving to Liverpool/St Helens for the course. Haven't really started looking but the current plan is to rent for the first year while looking for a place to buy.

V daunting!
Reply 453

Afternoon who_sane,

Have you heard back from Sean? Would be nice to get the offers changed.
not yet, hopefully this week
Reply 455
not yet, hopefully this week

I haven't heard either, he must have a backlog. Hopefully we hear this week!
Original post by nifs18
Hey! Is anyone relocating to Liverpool? What are you doing about accommodation?

I'm relocating from West Yorkshire. I'm currently looking at accommodation thats on the number 10 bus route so I don't have to walk far to grab a bus to college. Looking at Newton House currently
How are you all doing with lockdown? Especially those of you that are key workers?

I am still in disbelief that I’ve got a place on the course, I am really excited to start but trying to not wish my life away haha.

How are people doing with looking for accommodation too?
Still looking, there are a couple of good choices that I've narrowed it down to and I'm going to hopefully put a deposit down for something by the end of the week.

I am still shook at the fact that I have a place. I'm so excited to tell my friends, they don't even know I had an interview. I want to tell them in person to see their reactions so I'm waiting till the lockdown is lifted. My manager (ward sister) and senior staff members (lead pharmacists) were really encouraging and happy for me.

My Trust hasn't got many cases compared to places like Kent (my friend there is working tirelessly). Although we have 70 inpatients with corona as of Thursday last week. ICU hasn't been too busy either from what I've heard. The major issue is consistently changing policies, however, my ward is doing it's best to ensure staff members are aware. I think at my hospital is 'the calm for the storm', we are preparing for a London like situation. A silver lining to all of this has been significantly less traffic going to work. I can imagine that after we get through this, NHS services will be a lot more efficient and streamlined as we will learn from the pressures.

Are you still a foster carer? How has it been for yourself? Some of my friend's children are getting really agitated and confused at everything that's going on. One of them has just started nursey and doesn't understand why she can't go, she thinks it's because she's been bad haha
Still looking, there are a couple of good choices that I've narrowed it down to and I'm going to hopefully put a deposit down for something by the end of the week.

I am still shook at the fact that I have a place. I'm so excited to tell my friends, they don't even know I had an interview. I want to tell them in person to see their reactions so I'm waiting till the lockdown is lifted. My manager (ward sister) and senior staff members (lead pharmacists) were really encouraging and happy for me.

My Trust hasn't got many cases compared to places like Kent (my friend there is working tirelessly). Although we have 70 inpatients with corona as of Thursday last week. ICU hasn't been too busy either from what I've heard. The major issue is consistently changing policies, however, my ward is doing it's best to ensure staff members are aware. I think at my hospital is 'the calm for the storm', we are preparing for a London like situation. A silver lining to all of this has been significantly less traffic going to work. I can imagine that after we get through this, NHS services will be a lot more efficient and streamlined as we will learn from the pressures.

Are you still a foster carer? How has it been for yourself? Some of my friend's children are getting really agitated and confused at everything that's going on. One of them has just started nursey and doesn't understand why she can't go, she thinks it's because she's been bad haha

Ah brilliant. Are you planning to be closer to St. Helens or the city centre?

How exciting that you haven’t told your friends yet. I was the same- I didn’t really tell anyone I had an interview so they were shocked (in a good way) when I told them.

I’m glad work hasn’t been too busy yet, hopefully it continues like that for you. My friend works for Alder Hey as a radiologist and she’s beginning to get busy as they’ve started to take adult Covid patients.
The roads are eerie aren’t they! I’ve only been out in the car once to drive one of my children to a doctors appointment and I only saw one other car the whole way.

Yeah I’m still a foster Carer although we’ve got no children in placement at the moment and probably won’t take any now with September looming. Although we may do some day-respite care in the summer holidays for other foster caters. I have my own two children though so they’re keeping me very busy! My little girl was really annoyed the first week or two, she thought I was just being mean haha. But I think she is used to our ‘new normal’ now so has stopped asking to go everywhere.

Latest

Trending

Trending