The Student Room Group

Embarassing CV

My CV is so embarrassing because of how I am quite an introvert and all I really got on it is my gcses and a levels

I can't even make my CV more than half a page because of how little I have done in life

I am dieing while trying to write a personal statement and my interests because I have nothing special to put
Doesn't matter if you can't think of anything interesting. There must SOMETHING you do in your spare time, even if it is 'browsing the internet' think of a way in which you have 'gained skills' from that (if in doubt, bs your way through it). If you have lots of insta followers for example, say you have 'learnt how to build and maintain a significant following on social media', this is big for companies nowadays. When writing mine, I put that in my spare time I was teaching myself how to sew as I had just picked the hobby up, this indicates I have initiative and can work without supervision.

Don't worry about how long it is on paper, a short CV is good, no one wants to trawl through half a book about you when there are plenty more applicants to get through. One page is good.

Writing a CV and 'selling yourself' can be really uncomfortable but everyone does it, you just have to kind of get on with it and accept you will sound like a ball of cringe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending