The Student Room Group

Parents ashamed of my social interaction

I am considered as a successful person in studies. But my behavior uhh
Since childhood I've been tagged by names of isolated, unsociable, less friendly sibling mean while I just have not learned how to behave well. During my life I always think that nobody likes me because of my behavior. My parents and sister tell me from time to time that what I did like in a party made them ashamed. Gradually I have became more shy, silent, blaming my self and less confident specialllly in front of my family. In a way that I'm ashamed to talk to my family and strangers because I think they don't care and I'm a lame narrator.
By the way o would be glad if anyone have any suggestions for me.
Reply 1
as long as youre not saying something blisteringly offensive, it really isn't your parent's place to say that you embarass them. if you have any special interests that attract socially awkward people, like gaming or music, try and join some clubs or go networking, it's way less intimidating making new friends with people with less developed social skills than strangers with nothing in common.
Reply 2
Original post by puppy_punk
as long as youre not saying something blisteringly offensive, it really isn't your parent's place to say that you embarass them. if you have any special interests that attract socially awkward people, like gaming or music, try and join some clubs or go networking, it's way less intimidating making new friends with people with less developed social skills than strangers with nothing in common.

Hi
Thanks for your advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending