The Student Room Group

Changing my subjects after AS level

so i took bio chem phys in my As level becuase when the year had started i had decided i was going into the biochemistry field that however has changed now and id like to study investment banking do i have to repeat the year and take business economics accounting so i can apply to a business school?
Original post by Yzk007
so i took bio chem phys in my As level becuase when the year had started i had decided i was going into the biochemistry field that however has changed now and id like to study investment banking do i have to repeat the year and take business economics accounting so i can apply to a business school?

I'm not sure you can study Investment Banking at university as it's not really a degree course... I also wouldn't recommend doing A level Business, Economics and Accounting at the same time as they're all quite similar.

Do you want to be an Investment Banker? If so, why?

What GCSEs did you study and what grades did you get?
Reply 2
Original post by Quick-use
I'm not sure you can study Investment Banking at university as it's not really a degree course... I also wouldn't recommend doing A level Business, Economics and Accounting at the same time as they're all quite similar.

Do you want to be an Investment Banker? If so, why?

What GCSEs did you study and what grades did you get?

well my plan originally was to go into pharmaceutical manufacturing however that changed i am yet to get my AS results back but im expecting an A in biology B in chemistry and a D in physics. my intrigue for going to biochemistry dropped as most of the jobs offered that field were researching and lab work which does not suit me very well. The more i read up on corporate degrees such as business management, supply chain management, human resource management it kind of intrigued me more than pharmaceutical manufacturing id like to work in corporate environment rather than a lab environment. Im just confused on which would be better for me but now that ive taken the 3 sciences im worried that i wont get into the corporate world anymore and id have to go back a year to repeat which i cannot afford because ive just turned 18.
Original post by Yzk007
well my plan originally was to go into pharmaceutical manufacturing however that changed i am yet to get my AS results back but im expecting an A in biology B in chemistry and a D in physics. my intrigue for going to biochemistry dropped as most of the jobs offered that field were researching and lab work which does not suit me very well. The more i read up on corporate degrees such as business management, supply chain management, human resource management it kind of intrigued me more than pharmaceutical manufacturing id like to work in corporate environment rather than a lab environment. Im just confused on which would be better for me but now that ive taken the 3 sciences im worried that i wont get into the corporate world anymore and id have to go back a year to repeat which i cannot afford because ive just turned 18.

If you want to become an Investment Banker, I'd highly recommend that you take A level Maths alongside your Bio and Chem and then apply for degrees like Economics/MORSE at Warwick or similar degrees at universities such as LSE, Oxford, Cambridge, UCL and Imperial etc.

There are other jobs in the corporate world than just investment banking, by the way.

Quick Reply

Latest