The Student Room Group

My (very boring) GCSE GYG -- Year 11

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Lol I neglected this didn't I 😂
I doubt I will post now until December because I'm in the middle of mocks (which are going okay so far) then I need to really focus on applying for sixth forms..
Reply 241
why are all my posts on this thread me being like "omgggg this thread has died sorry ill update soon" like oops still havent 😂 i might now since im soooooo bored
Reply 242
18/01/2020 - It's been a while :/

So basically.. I haven't updated because I couldn't be bothered once I stopped 😂 I'm now in a really random mood where I wanna update so that's what I'm doing.. at 12am.. I'll start off with my mock results:

Mock Results:

Maths - 6
English Lang - 9
English Lit - 5
Physics - 9
Chemistry - 8
Biology - 9
French - Listening - 7 Reading - 8
Geography - 8

I'm very very happy with all of these apart from English Lit but it was to be expected that I'd do so badly in that.. I really did not expect the 9s in English Lang or Biology though :eek:

Spoiler

Sixth Form Application Progress:

So, I applied to 2 sixth forms in November... I have an interview for my favourite on Saturday (25th January) and I got an email from my 2nd choice yesterday saying that they aren't running Business so I've chosen Geography instead. (I haven't actually got a place there yet so idk why they're so bothered) This makes me reallllllly not want to go there so let's hope the interview goes well and I get into my #1 choice lol.

^^ That made no sense but idc I'm sleep deprived and its 12am ..

How's school been?

School has been alrightttt, I have more science "mocks" to do next week + the week after but they're in my double science lessons so it'll just be like doing a normal class test, just with a GCSE paper.. I also have a Geography Paper 2 exam that's being split over Wednesday and Friday's lessons so next week is gonna be greaaaattttt.

Last week, I did a writing paper in French and honestly, I feel like it didn't go as well as I'd hoped... I still feel like I'll be getting 6+ but it's annoying when I got a 9 last time. (I sound so wingy and ungrateful about maybe not getting a 9 but it's because I feel like writing is the exam that's gonna pull my grade up so I want it to go well.. and because I got that in the past two ones I've done :/ )

To Do:

Revise Biology and Chemistry Paper 1 topics for next week

Revise Physics for the week after next week

Revise Geography Paper 2

Prep for my interview on Saturday (anyone got any tips on this?)

I have got to start making revision resources for English Lit, I still haven't and it's clearly not gonna go well if I don't :s-smilie:

TAGS:

Spoiler

SORRY IT'S QUITE A LONG + CONFUSING POST!!
(edited 4 years ago)
These are some very good mock results, replicate this in the real exam and you'll be set!
The interview is usually quite informal and is nothing to worry about, you should easily be offered a place with those results. You might want to get questions about the support you might recieve with the subjects though as A levels are a different beast.
sounds good! all the best with your interviews :smile:
Reply 246
Original post by Syed Abbas
These are some very good mock results, replicate this in the real exam and you'll be set!

Original post by Syed Abbas
The interview is usually quite informal and is nothing to worry about, you should easily be offered a place with those results. You might want to get questions about the support you might recieve with the subjects though as A levels are a different beast.

Thank you :smile: I will try not to worry 😂 and thanks for the question idea, I never thought of that!

Original post by mez_merising
sounds good! all the best with your interviews :smile:

Original post by RyanC_
18/01/2020 - It's been a while :/

So basically.. I haven't updated because I couldn't be bothered once I stopped 😂 I'm now in a really random mood where I wanna update so that's what I'm doing.. at 12am.. I'll start off with my mock results:

Mock Results:

Maths - 6
English Lang - 9
English Lit - 5
Physics - 9
Chemistry - 8
Biology - 9
French - Listening - 7 Reading - 8
Geography - 8

I'm very very happy with all of these apart from English Lit but it was to be expected that I'd do so badly in that.. I really did not expect the 9s in English Lang or Biology though :eek:

Spoiler

Sixth Form Application Progress:

So, I applied to 2 sixth forms in November... I have an interview for my favourite on Saturday (25th January) and I got an email from my 2nd choice yesterday saying that they aren't running Business so I've chosen Geography instead. (I haven't actually got a place there yet so idk why they're so bothered) This makes me reallllllly not want to go there so let's hope the interview goes well and I get into my #1 choice lol.

^^ That made no sense but idc I'm sleep deprived and its 12am ..

How's school been?

School has been alrightttt, I have more science "mocks" to do next week + the week after but they're in my double science lessons so it'll just be like doing a normal class test, just with a GCSE paper.. I also have a Geography Paper 2 exam that's being split over Wednesday and Friday's lessons so next week is gonna be greaaaattttt.

Last week, I did a writing paper in French and honestly, I feel like it didn't go as well as I'd hoped... I still feel like I'll be getting 6+ but it's annoying when I got a 9 last time. (I sound so wingy and ungrateful about maybe not getting a 9 but it's because I feel like writing is the exam that's gonna pull my grade up so I want it to go well.. and because I got that in the past two ones I've done :/ )

To Do:

Revise Biology and Chemistry Paper 1 topics for next week

Revise Physics for the week after next week

Revise Geography Paper 2

Prep for my interview on Saturday (anyone got any tips on this?)

I have got to start making revision resources for English Lit, I still haven't and it's clearly not gonna go well if I don't :s-smilie:

TAGS:

Spoiler

SORRY IT'S QUITE A LONG + CONFUSING POST!!

Your mock results are really good :thumbsup:
French exams always have issues. Our reading papers were printed so badly that question 1 was on page 5 :lol:

Good luck with the sixth form interview :rave:. Honestly, it'll probably be quite informal, but you should just think about why you want to go there... most interviewers seem to want to know. Also, to stay calm.
Reply 248
Original post by _Mia101
Your mock results are really good :thumbsup:
French exams always have issues. Our reading papers were printed so badly that question 1 was on page 5 :lol:

Good luck with the sixth form interview :rave:. Honestly, it'll probably be quite informal, but you should just think about why you want to go there... most interviewers seem to want to know. Also, to stay calm.

Thank you :h:

We always seem to have the problem in science and maths exams where they're printed so badly that you can't see the lines on graphs at all or when they're in B&W instead of colour so it's impossible to do 😂

Thanks again lol .. I am definitely overthinking and worrying too much but that's just me, I'm sure it will end up okay.. I might message a friend who started there this year, I kinda don't want to tho cos atm it feels like I'm only messaging her to get her advice :lol:

I did find a couple nice shirts to wear with my jeans though so that problem is sorted :biggrin:
Original post by RyanC_
Thank you :h:

We always seem to have the problem in science and maths exams where they're printed so badly that you can't see the lines on graphs at all or when they're in B&W instead of colour so it's impossible to do 😂

Thanks again lol .. I am definitely overthinking and worrying too much but that's just me, I'm sure it will end up okay.. I might message a friend who started there this year, I kinda don't want to tho cos atm it feels like I'm only messaging her to get her advice :lol:

I did find a couple nice shirts to wear with my jeans though so that problem is sorted :biggrin:

You're welcome :smile:
How could I forget, honestly the graphs in exams are so terrible... for us if we try and rub out a pencil line on the graph, the printed ink rubs off with it :lol:
I know how that feels, I was asking one of my friends who goes to a private school like the one I got into and I feel like lowkey she feels like I'm only talking to get advice :erm:
That's good :thumbsup:
Reply 250
I hate mocks :angry:

I started them yesterday and so far I've had 3 exams and I feel like none of them have gone well :frown: It's knocked my confidence about the rest of the exams and real gsces too...

I hope it gets better as time goes on cos atm I'm in a horrible mood..
Wishing you the best of luck for the rest of the exams! ❤️Remember to not be hard on yourself and do the best you can - you will do amazing!! :clap2:
Reply 252
Original post by emilynxlan
Wishing you the best of luck for the rest of the exams! ❤️Remember to not be hard on yourself and do the best you can - you will do amazing!! :clap2:

Thank you :biggrin: Biology went a lot better today which has given me confidence again - English lang tomorrow!
:hello:
Could I be tagged again please?
Reply 254
Original post by Roses & Dreams x
:hello:
Could I be tagged again please?

Of course :smile: I should probs update this at some point lol
Original post by RyanC_
Of course :smile: I should probs update this at some point lol

Haha, I would say so. :yep:
I should probably make another one, but I don't really see the point because I never finish them :blushing:
Reply 256
Hi everyone,

I know in the end I completely neglected this GYG but life got busy with mocks etc and then I just never had the motivation to update. However since 2019-20 GYGs are closing soon I just wanted to make one last update to say that I have now made a blog and my results are posted on there incase anyone who read this wanted to know what grades I got :smile:.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6604280 (My grades are on page 13, post 257)

I won’t be making another GYG but I am planning to talk about school a lot on my blog if anyone is interested (there won’t be tags as I don’t make big updates it’s just kinda random little updates throughout the day). :biggrin:

Tags:
(I’m sure some of these accounts are no longer used lol)

Spoiler

Thank you all for being a part of this GYG, I do love it but this format just doesn’t work for me anymore 😊

(Edit: what a weird coincidence, this post is 257 just like my results! Such a fitting ending to my GYG :lol: )
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending