The Student Room Group

Postgraduate References Query

Hello. I'm applying for an MSc, but can't seem to find any concrete guidelines on whether the second reference can be from the same organisation or not. Any help? Most of the information points rather toward the same place, for example, "from the academic institution with contact details". That doesn't' suggest plural to me.
Original post by Thanicos
Hello. I'm applying for an MSc, but can't seem to find any concrete guidelines on whether the second reference can be from the same organisation or not. Any help? Most of the information points rather toward the same place, for example, "from the academic institution with contact details". That doesn't' suggest plural to me.

Hello, I am applying for Msc as well and i think it's a must one of the references to be academic ,that means the other one can be from an employer for example or something but still if you haven't work it can be academic .At least that's how I see it 😅
I'm applying with two academic references from the previous uni I obtained a Bachelor's degree from. 🙂
Original post by Thanicos

Yes as long as its a different academic, the 2nd reference can be from the same Uni.
Think it just means you need a refrence from your undergrad tutor essentially. If you have another refrence from a uni person its fine as well i think. I got accepted last week with one from an academic tutor and another from a non uni refrence. MSc ftw. Which one you doing? All about Spatial planning MSc's!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending