The Student Room Group

Engineering degree apprenticeships

Was just wondering if anybody knew of any good degree apprentiships/ apprenticeships for engineering? Struggling to pick what to after sixth form and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by ferrarifan
Was just wondering if anybody knew of any good degree apprentiships/ apprenticeships for engineering? Struggling to pick what to after sixth form and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @ferrarifan

My best advice would be to look at job criteria for jobs you would be interested in doing and see what qualifications they ask for. Maybe have a look at prospects.ac.uk for information on what you can do with a specific degree if you are interested in going to university.

If you are interested we do an Electronic and Computer Engineering BEng and an Artifical Intelligence BSc course. In the Guardian 2020 university ranking table, this department was ranked in the top 10 overall.

If you have any further questions or need any advice please ask.

Dom :h:
Original post by ferrarifan

There are quite a few degree apprenticeships nowadays. What field of engineering are you thinking? :smile:

I'm an advanced engineering apprentice, meaning I joined after school with GCSEs. On my scheme there are apprentices who've been to college and also some who started university - it depends on the field you're interested in and the qualifications/opportunities you're after to be honest!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by brainzistheword
There are quite a few degree apprenticeships nowadays. What field of engineering are you thinking? :smile:

I'm an advanced engineering apprentice, meaning I joined after school with GCSEs. On my scheme there are apprentices who've been to college and also some who started university - it depends on the field you're interested in and the qualifications/opportunities you're after to be honest!

Im really interested in Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering, mostly through my interest of F1 and Formula E. Would love to work in these areas in the future if you have any advice about that ?

Quick Reply

Latest