ferrarifan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Was just wondering if anybody knew of any good degree apprentiships/ apprenticeships for engineering? Struggling to pick what to after sixth form and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ferrarifan)
Was just wondering if anybody knew of any good degree apprentiships/ apprenticeships for engineering? Struggling to pick what to after sixth form and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hi ferrarifan

My best advice would be to look at job criteria for jobs you would be interested in doing and see what qualifications they ask for. Maybe have a look at prospects.ac.uk for information on what you can do with a specific degree if you are interested in going to university.

If you are interested we do an Electronic and Computer Engineering BEng and an Artifical Intelligence BSc course. In the Guardian 2020 university ranking table, this department was ranked in the top 10 overall.

If you have any further questions or need any advice please ask.

Dom
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ferrarifan)
There are quite a few degree apprenticeships nowadays. What field of engineering are you thinking?

I'm an advanced engineering apprentice, meaning I joined after school with GCSEs. On my scheme there are apprentices who've been to college and also some who started university - it depends on the field you're interested in and the qualifications/opportunities you're after to be honest!
Last edited by brainzistheword; 2 months ago
ferrarifan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by brainzistheword)
There are quite a few degree apprenticeships nowadays. What field of engineering are you thinking?

I'm an advanced engineering apprentice, meaning I joined after school with GCSEs. On my scheme there are apprentices who've been to college and also some who started university - it depends on the field you're interested in and the qualifications/opportunities you're after to be honest!
Im really interested in Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering, mostly through my interest of F1 and Formula E. Would love to work in these areas in the future if you have any advice about that ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads