The Student Room Group

Any pharmacy courses that will allow BCC

I am extremely disappointed with my A level results as I got BCC despite being predicted AAB and now I really dont know what to do with my life. Does anybody know if any pharmacy schools accept grades this low through clearing?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Loreto2018
I am extremely disappointed with my A level results as I got BCC despite being predicted AAB and now I really dont know what to do with my life. Does anybody know if any pharmacy schools accept grades this low through clearing?

De Monteford, Greenwich, Portsmouth, Bradford? It all depends on the grade in Chemistry (needs to be a B).
Clearing courses might if you meet a WA criteria
Original post by StarLinyx
De Monteford, Greenwich, Portsmouth, Bradford? It all depends on the grade in Chemistry (needs to be a B).

So there's probably no point in me going through the clearing process because my chemistry isn't a B right?
So there's probably no point in me going through the clearing process because my chemistry isn't a B right?

Call them up and see. It is not impossible but still unlikely that you will get accepted. Pharmacy is a tough degree, and students with less than a B would struggle to even get a 2.2 degree. Portsmouth are the only ones I know of who have accepted CCC before.

would you consider a foundation year? if so you could try, brighton, de monfort ( if you didn't do biology), keele, kingston and medway.
Original post by claireestelle
would you consider a foundation year? if so you could try, brighton, de monfort ( if you didn't do biology), keele, kingston and medway.

I applied to a few foundation year Pharmacy courses but I was rejected because I was told that foundation years are usually for people that come from poorer backgrounds with lower parental income.
I applied to a few foundation year Pharmacy courses but I was rejected because I was told that foundation years are usually for people that come from poorer backgrounds with lower parental income.

did you try for any of the ones i've listed?
did you try for any of the ones i've listed?

No, I assumed that this factor applies to all of the Universities unless i'm wrong? Is the foundation year just an extra year and then you are placed on the full course after completion? How does clearing work and does it matter that my insurance choice is already confirmed?
No, I assumed that this factor applies to all of the Universities unless i'm wrong? Is the foundation year just an extra year and then you are placed on the full course after completion? How does clearing work and does it matter that my insurance choice is already confirmed?

no it doesn't infact most foundation years don't have income/background related criteria, what's your insurance?
no it doesn't infact most foundation years don't have income/background related criteria, what's your insurance?

My insurance is Biomedical Science at Salford uni which is unconditional.

if you're set on being a pharmacist, then i'd call up the foundation years and see what they say (but without being in clearing they may not speak to you) but if you're not you could stick with your insurance.

A BSc in Operating Department Practice might be of interest. Plenty of jobs in this field, plus you could still go into research later.
if you're set on being a pharmacist, then i'd call up the foundation years and see what they say (but without being in clearing they may not speak to you) but if you're not you could stick with your insurance.

Thanks for your advice, i might consider this.
Original post by StarLinyx
A BSc in Operating Department Practice might be of interest. Plenty of jobs in this field, plus you could still go into research later.

Are there not many career prospects with Biomedical science?
Are there not many career prospects with Biomedical science?

Teaching, research, hospitals. But competition is hot for the good jobs, and it is a popular course.
Pharmacy (4 year & 5 year MPharm) CCC including Biology OR Chemistry. A Pass in at least one science practical will be required if applicant is taking A level Biology or Chemistry (England)
Original post by Anagogic
Pharmacy (4 year & 5 year MPharm) CCC including Biology OR Chemistry. A Pass in at least one science practical will be required if applicant is taking A level Biology or Chemistry (England)

What Uni is this?
Try pharmacy at Aston university. :smile:
What Uni is this?

Keele

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending