The Student Room Group

Law or Business Degree?

My dream used to be to be a lawyer, but with entry requirements being so high to get into a good uni to study law (AAA for most), I feel it might be too much of a challenge and don't want to apply to study law if I'm not going to get in.
I enjoy business and am pretty good at it (getting A's in pretty much every piece of work) and feel as though getting the entry requirements is a lot more possible for me to reach.

So would applying for a business degree be the better option?
Is a business degree as employable as a law degree?
Is there much opportunity and jobs about with a business degree?
And is there the possibility to earn as much in a business-degree based job?
Original post by MLH16
My dream used to be to be a lawyer, but with entry requirements being so high to get into a good uni to study law (AAA for most), I feel it might be too much of a challenge and don't want to apply to study law if I'm not going to get in.
I enjoy business and am pretty good at it (getting A's in pretty much every piece of work) and feel as though getting the entry requirements is a lot more possible for me to reach.

So would applying for a business degree be the better option?
Is a business degree as employable as a law degree?
Is there much opportunity and jobs about with a business degree?
And is there the possibility to earn as much in a business-degree based job?

business is one of those degrees that doesn't have a direct path like law does, it would be what you made of the degree really.
I mean, you could always do a business degree and convert to law afterwards, if that's what you wanted to do.

That way you get the best of both worlds. Just be aware though that if you're self funding then the GDL can be quite costly (and the qualifying system for solicitors is changing soon)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending