The Student Room Group

CIE AS Recorrection advice

Hi guys so I got an 88% PUM for mathematics which was a bit of a shocker to me; Pure 1 (12) and Stat 1 (62).
I did the papers at home immediately after seeing my results and I got a 45/50 for Stat and for Pure I got a 74/75 after marking with the marking scheme.
I lost 5 marks in the Stat paper because Ive forgotten how to do a particular sum so my best case scenario is where I should get a 98% PUM and my worst case scenario is 94% PUM. This result is a bit of a shocker to me, my classmates and my teachers because while I was doing past papers getting more than 90% was not quite difficult for me. I'm afraid that if I send the paper to remark that I will get a lower PUM than 88%. I can still salvage an A* if I worked hard for my A2 but I'm really indecisive right now. Pls help me.
@NickJCQ please could you share some advice?
Original post by SahasRenuja
Hi guys so I got an 88% PUM for mathematics which was a bit of a shocker to me; Pure 1 (12) and Stat 1 (62).
I did the papers at home immediately after seeing my results and I got a 45/50 for Stat and for Pure I got a 74/75 after marking with the marking scheme.
I lost 5 marks in the Stat paper because Ive forgotten how to do a particular sum so my best case scenario is where I should get a 98% PUM and my worst case scenario is 94% PUM. This result is a bit of a shocker to me, my classmates and my teachers because while I was doing past papers getting more than 90% was not quite difficult for me. I'm afraid that if I send the paper to remark that I will get a lower PUM than 88%. I can still salvage an A* if I worked hard for my A2 but I'm really indecisive right now. Pls help me.

If this is a qualification offered by CIE then I am afraid that I cannot respond. CIE qualifications are not covered by the JCQ regulations. Good luck.

You could potentially move up a grade with a successful A2 year but moving up more than one is probably unlikely. Best course of action is to talk things over with your teacher(s) who know you well.

Good luck!
Original post by NickJCQ
If this is a qualification offered by CIE then I am afraid that I cannot respond. CIE qualifications are not covered by the JCQ regulations. Good luck.

Thank you for your response!
Hi, I actually got the raw marks for the Mathematics component; it was 71/75 for Pure 1, and a 41/50 for the Stat 1. Looks like that was why I had an 88; I've decided not to send it for recorrection and just get more marks for Pure 3 and Mech 1

Original post by The Learn Ranger
You could potentially move up a grade with a successful A2 year but moving up more than one is probably unlikely. Best course of action is to talk things over with your teacher(s) who know you well.

Good luck!
Hi, I actually got the raw marks for the Mathematics component; it was 71/75 for Pure 1, and a 41/50 for the Stat 1. Looks like that was why I had an 88; I've decided not to send it for recorrection and just get more marks for Pure 3 and Mech 1

That sounds sensible - wishing you the best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending