The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
fivestarrambler
I would love it if a homeostasis essay came up!

I SECOND THAT :biggrin:
Reply 41
idd theres alot you can write about homeostasis...still prefer respiration and photosynthesis as i can write alot about the too :P
I have a really good feeling about this years essay titles :P
Reply 43
and you reckon they will be ... :P
I would predict something to do with cell membranes, its a broad topic and hasn't been done before.
What's the weighting of section B? I'm finding i can get an A on section A (averagingon past papers) and am doing ok with essays, but am crap on section B! How do you revise for it? I'm finding it really hard!
Reply 46
you cant revise for section B just try and memorise as much of A-Level Biology as possible.. both sections are out of 50 raw...60ums each.

p.s. forgottenromeo cell membranes has come up before :biggrin:
Reply 47
thanks a bunch ippadi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks med_lion! If i really screw up section B but do fine on A (as in get and A or B) and the essay (like 20/25), what's the chances of me getting a B overall?
Reply 49
surely things like photosynthesis and digestion aren't really broad enough topics?
Reply 50
Rosie_Fairy possible a low B

sarzbabe they are big topics for me :biggrin:
Reply 51
i have the whole of mod 4 to go through yet lol
Reply 52
yeh but med_lion, they don't cover enough units. Like, there's alot to learn but there's not much to write about it from each unit. Whereas like water/cell membranes things like that can be covered in most topics.

Im not very good at digestion either so i hope it doesnt come up!
med_lion
i have the whole of mod 4 to go through yet lol

i have 1, 2,3,4,and 5 to go:frown:
Reply 54
i know they wont ask just about photosynthesis and respiration, but what im saying is if they give an essay title that invovles these 2 topics then surely alot can be written..you can also talk about ezymes with relation to these! :smile:
Reply 55
i guess. im dreading this. i'm only on unit 2/5 revision-wise! eek.
Reply 56
hehe i have 2 and 4 to go over but 2 isnt soo bad...
Reply 57
haha i havent done a single page more since my last comment. TSR is baddd.
Reply 58
lol
Reply 59
sarzbabe
yeh but med_lion, they don't cover enough units. Like, there's alot to learn but there's not much to write about it from each unit. Whereas like water/cell membranes things like that can be covered in most topics.

Im not very good at digestion either so i hope it doesnt come up!

how would you tackle the cell membranes one??

Latest

Trending

Trending