The Student Room Group

Results

I’ve been watching people opening their GCSEs results in preparation for Thursday and I wanted to know the layout of the results, what sheets you get
the layout seems to have any edexcel subjects before the aqa ones edexcel give out marks overall whereas aqa don't. I'm not sure about other exam boards. From what I've seen online most people get all their results on one results sheet however with some people they get them on different sheets for each exam board.
your results sheet'll just be subjects with grades next to them- there may be some details of marks on that page but usually breakdowns of raw marks'll be on another page.
it looks a bit like this - not completely but basically
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/gcse/understanding-your-gcse-results-slip
It depends on how the school extracts the data from the exam boards' servers. Some schools will produce their own results sheet with all the boards on it, whilst others will retain the individual boards' formats. In the second case, you will get a sheet for each board.

As to the detail, again this will differ. You may find only an overall grade, or a grade and an overall raw mark, or even detailed marks at the component level.

By the way, even if your results sheet doesn't give you raw marks or component level marks, you can ask your teachers for them. They may even have item level data, i.e. how well you did in each individual question on the exam papers.

All the best for when you do get your hands on your results on Thursday!

Quick Reply

Latest