The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Opening a student account

I applied for a nationwide FlexStudent 4 days ago, and I received an email saying they will be in contact within 5 working days to see if I’m able to get the account. Shouldn’t it be here by now? My friend got hers in 3 days. Also what is the best bank account for a student credit card? I tried applying for a credit card previously to which that was denied... any response will help :smile:
Hi @BlackPanada,

I would suggest you contact Nationwide, as they would be the best people to answer your question regarding your bank account application. Their contact details are on their website: https://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/flexstudent/help-and-support#tab:h:elpandampsupport

Hope this helps :smile:
Maddie
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
When you apply online for accounts, they usually give you a membership number. If you have that, take a screen shot and go in branch with some ID. They’ll be able to chase it up for you.
Not sure about the best credit card accounts but there are websites with comparison tools. Most student accounts come with an overdraft but sometimes you have to ask for it.

:smile:
Reply 3
Thanks so much , it took three weeks after I already showed proof of Id so I cancelled my application and went with hsbc who I bank with anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending