The Student Room Group

HSE (health and safety executive) Trainee Health and safety inspector

Scroll to see replies

My application now shows the motivational questions as not assessed , this is a shambles
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Richard Ikky
My application now shows the motivational questions as not assessed , this is a shambles

Same. So did they assess them or not? My online test scores were 91% and 69%. If they were going to raise the pass mark they probably should have does this before they invited everyone to the assessment day
My interview has been cancelled too. I got 93% on the SJT and 95% on the verbal reasoning test
The whole thing is a mess. I’ve received 5 emails in total, all with different information. Last week 2 confirming I was unsuccessful and today saying I’m invited to an interview but now the link has disappeared. Shambolic.

I was scored 6 in my questions! So surely either I am actually invited to attend an interview and my score was wrong or my score is correct (and terrible) and the email is wrong? But my score has also now disappeared
(edited 4 years ago)
I think we should all complain and they will have to abandon the campaign 😤
I currently work for the HSE, and basically what has happened is that a recruitment manager working the weekend couldn't be bothered reading through applications and sent random accounts through giving them a score of 12 hoping that no one finds out. A lot of peoples motivational answers haven't even been read, who should have gone through. I would email them demanding that my answers are re-marked on the grounds of fair recruitment.
Original post by Anon2019989
I currently work for the HSE, and basically what has happened is that a recruitment manager working the weekend couldn't be bothered reading through applications and sent random accounts through giving them a score of 12 hoping that no one finds out. A lot of peoples motivational answers haven't even been read, who should have gone through. I would email them demanding that my answers are re-marked on the grounds of fair recruitment.

Thank you!!! If my answers aren’t good enough that is fine, I just want to be marked properly. I got three 4’s and thought it was odd!!
Reply 27
Original post by fiesta88
Anyone else had an email uninviting them from the assessment day??? What a massive feck up!!

Yes!! Absolutely disgusting ain’t it! 🤬🤬
Thank you!!! If my answers aren’t good enough that is fine, I just want to be marked properly. I got three 4’s and thought it was odd!!

Same, I thought it odd I had three 2s!
I got three 4s too. Never thought a reputable organisation such as the HSE could do such a thing.
Reply 30
Original post by Anon2019989

I had a score of 12 too. What on Earth is going on I’m going to email. Thank you x
Original post by Jamesd37dhd
I got three 4s too. Never thought a reputable organisation such as the HSE could do such a thing.

Civil service recruitment has been absolutely rubbish in terms of delays in my experience, but this is shocking
Civil service recruitment has been absolutely rubbish in terms of delays in my experience, but this is shocking

I don't mind a short delay as long as my answers are being looked at. I feel cheated since I spent a considerable time on them and have been waiting for this post for 3 years now.
It’s all utter shambles. I just sent an email to HR to ask if this is final and for some clarification. Where guys do you see your results eg percentages and 12s you mention as I can’t see this at all? Thanks in advance
Reply 34
I stumbed on this thread tonight. I scored 95% and 58% and used info for my questions from an ex HSE inspector i met on my most recent iosh training.
I was pretty gutted to be told i didnt meet the grade, and got an email tonight to say there had been an error and im on hold for a reserve for AC.

What a royal mess! I thought my situation was bad, then seen above. Not good!
Right. That’s even more annoying. I sent an email asking for clarification by just clicking on the email link from the cancellation email. Came back from postmaster that email cannot be delivered as email cannot be found. Typed it manually and exact same thing happens??? So can’t even ask about the shambles. Anyone else experiencing this
Reply 36
Also just to add, i was rejected was a score of 3 4's. Now ive been added to reserve list but my score for the question sift is no longer visable.
What is going on!?
Original post by daisydog2
It’s all utter shambles. I just sent an email to HR to ask if this is final and for some clarification. Where guys do you see your results eg percentages and 12s you mention as I can’t see this at all? Thanks in advance

The percentages are in the feedback section when you click review (if you have that option?). The scores have disappeared it seems, at least mine has!
Original post by Jinks123
The percentages are in the feedback section when you click review (if you have that option?). The scores have disappeared it seems, at least mine has!

I am not so lucky to have such an option lol Have you tried emailing them? After 3 attempts and three rejected emails I am done. Why would you leave an email for questions when you would switch it off as you can’t be bothered dealing with the complaints 😨
Reply 39
Did anyone on here originally get an invite from a score total of 12? I just want to know where I stand, I've had 5 emails off them this week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending