The Student Room Group

Is it worth getting these GCSEs remarked?

I was 4 marks off the next grade in English Literature (9marks off from dropping below)

I was 2 marks off the next grade in Spanish (27 marks from dropping below)

I was 2 marks off the next grade in chemistry (17 marks off from dropping below)
Original post by AHB54321
I was 4 marks off the next grade in English Literature (9marks off from dropping below)

I was 2 marks off the next grade in chemistry (17 marks off from dropping below)

oof 2 marks. if I were you id get it remarked but depends what financial situation your in. make sure you can afford it :smile:
Reply 2

Average mark changes in 2018 for those who requested a remark:

English Lit : 1.0
Spanish : 1.4
Chemistry : 1.0

So English Lit looks the least likely to change and the other two could be worth a shot? Are any of them Edexcel? If they are then you can request the scripts and have your teacher mark them for you.
Reply 3
Original post by Notnek

So English Lit looks the least likely to change and the other two could be worth a shot? Are any of them Edexcel? If they are then you can request the scripts and have your teacher mark them for you.

Thank you for your help- Spanish is Edexcel
Reply 4
I'm going to post this here so I can link to it if other people ask about remarks:

Average mark changes

(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by SmartUnicorn
oof 2 marks. if I were you id get it remarked but depends what financial situation your in. make sure you can afford it :smile:

Ok thank you for your help, I will, even English lit?
Reply 6
Thank you for your help- Spanish is Edexcel

I think you should definitely request to see your script - you can ask your Exams Officer and it's free. Then your teacher may have a look or they can provide you with the mark scheme and you can look through it.
Original post by Notnek

where’d you get these stats from?
Reply 8
Original post by mez_merising
where’d you get these stats from?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6098150
Ok thank you for your help, I will, even English lit?

it's up to you if your quite confident and look at your mock/test grades. if it's not the same then I'd suggest to. :smile:
I am one mark away from a grade 9 in AQA Biology and one mark away from an 8 in English Lang OCR. There are like 7 mars away From the lower grade bondary. Do u think they will change?

Quick Reply

Latest