The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Is a laptop necessary?

I'm going to be studying Computer Science at Southampton starting soon this year, I was wondering whether it would be useful or not to buy a laptop before starting, as I know that the university has very good facilities anyway, and of course I'd be bringing my own desktop to use at my accom. Would it be useful to get a laptop to bring around too or not? Thanks!
Original post by baileymack
I'm going to be studying Computer Science at Southampton starting soon this year, I was wondering whether it would be useful or not to buy a laptop before starting, as I know that the university has very good facilities anyway, and of course I'd be bringing my own desktop to use at my accom. Would it be useful to get a laptop to bring around too or not? Thanks!

idk tbh it's basically do you want to take notes on it in lectures or are your handwritten notes useful?
Also note - you may want to check with a legit student - but sometimes in my lectures (chemistry) we do some exersies in non-computer room lecture rooms to just do data analysis etc. so you might not be able to join in those things

however you are correct - there are computer labs which are very swish etc. and the library has many PC rooms too - you're set with a desktop for your degree tbh
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Completely over rated dont need it mate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending