The Student Room Group

I class myself gender neutral but I am struggling to come to terms with life

I am gender neutral, I was born as a male but I am just confused and I just don't know what I am or anything and its really getting me down, advice?
If you consider yourself gender neutral, then that's what you are. If you are unsure, it may take some time to discover it, what aspect of it brings you down?
They have therapy and counselling for coming to terms with things like this, with understanding people to help; you should look into it.
Reply 2
Original post by NotNotBatman
If you consider yourself gender neutral, then that's what you are. If you are unsure, it may take some time to discover it, what aspect of it brings you down?
They have therapy and counselling for coming to terms with things like this, with understanding people to help; you should look into it.

I just don't know anymore I know in my childhood I felt I was a girl trapped in a boys body, I was bullied really bad at school
Hey, it's okay to not know or have all the answers straight away. Try not to put so much pressure on yourself, labels aren't everything. Just do what you need to feel comfortable (coming out or not, maybe experimenting with pronouns, things like that), and you'll eventually get to a place of peace and hopefully happiness within yourself :smile:

I spent so long trying to work out my gender and how it relates to my sexuality, etc, and eventually just decided to not focus too hard on it all because it was starting to drive me nuts haha

Don't worry, you'll be okay :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I just don't know anymore I know in my childhood I felt I was a girl trapped in a boys body, I was bullied really bad at school

I can't give specific advice, because it's not something I've ever felt myself. I'm sure it is normal for a person with a non binary (is that the right term?) to not work out who they are straight away.
It sounds like the bullying has had a detrimental affect on your well-being and it has been suggested that the effects of bullying can last well into adulthood. I would strongly recommend telling a GP about this as they have the means to make a referral to a gender identity clinic who deal with all problems related to trans and non binary people. The waiting times are long, but your GP can refer you to appropriate services during your wait that may help you come to terms with your identity or lack of one or help you to discover what it is.

I've found this on the NHS website :

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/how-to-find-an-nhs-gender-identity-clinic/

I hope it all works out for you.
Damn, it's really hard isn't it? I haven't had gender identity issues, but I've been struggling with my sexuality for over a year now. It definitely helps to tell someone - me and my friend discovered we were both bi, so went through the journey together, but talk to any close friends, or online like Trevor Space or childline really help too. Dw about it - these things really do take time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending