The Student Room Group

I regret my a level choices so much

I went into A levels not really knowing what I wanted to do so I picked chem, bio, eng lit and history, because I thought it would keep my doors open for whatever I decide to do. I dropped history after 2 months because I really wasn’t enjoying it.

Anywho, throughout the year more and more I realised I love politics and international relations. It’s what gets me excited basically.

And I just honestly which I could go back into the past and have dropped chemistry instead because it’s so hard! Throughout the year I haven’t done terribly and I’ve gotten As and Bs but I just feel begrudged. Like it just feels so pointless all the effort I put into it when I know I won’t even use it :frown:

I honestly don’t even know where this is going. I guess I was wondering has anyone been in the same boat? Like they’ve realised the A levels they picked aren’t really relevant to what they want to do?
Dang. This is exactly what I'm planning on doing, minus the chemistry. I also strongly relate to loving politics.
I'm sorry that this isn't what the post was for, but could you tell me what A-level History was like?
Original post by Akeloz
I went into A levels not really knowing what I wanted to do so I picked chem, bio, eng lit and history, because I thought it would keep my doors open for whatever I decide to do. I dropped history after 2 months because I really wasn’t enjoying it.

Anywho, throughout the year more and more I realised I love politics and international relations. It’s what gets me excited basically.

And I just honestly which I could go back into the past and have dropped chemistry instead because it’s so hard! Throughout the year I haven’t done terribly and I’ve gotten As and Bs but I just feel begrudged. Like it just feels so pointless all the effort I put into it when I know I won’t even use it :frown:

I honestly don’t even know where this is going. I guess I was wondering has anyone been in the same boat? Like they’ve realised the A levels they picked aren’t really relevant to what they want to do?

Either resit year 12 or

Just get great grades and do a politics or int relations degree.
Reply 3
Just do history next year as an As subject
Same here. I wish I chose chemistry instead of physics since it was my one true love (not exaggerating here). I thought physics would go better with maths and further maths (and tbh I was considering studying maths at uni at that point). My other A level is economics which I really love and what I’m planning on studying at uni but I really wish I left that option of being able to do chemistry open. Turns out physics a level is practically useless for maths and further maths (some overlap but the ‘maths’ in physics is pathetic compared to the actual maths). I feel like I probably would’ve end up studying chem. it annoys me since I had so many opportunities to change- even in January. But now I’m stuck here with a subject I don’t enjoy going into my final year :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest