The Student Room Group

Cripps building St. John's College Cambridge

Is anyone here an undergraduate living in the Cripps building in St. John's College? Where do you guys keep your stuff when the interview candidates have to use the rooms? Is there a reasonably safe storage space?
didn't live there myself but my girlfriend did this year and she never had to clear her room out, you're entitled to the space all through the holidays (except summer obviously) so you don't have to store anything. I'm not sure how the college work that with interview students but I know for a fact you don't have to move your stuff out or into storage over the holidays, I left some of my stuff in her room over Christmas.
Original post by aesthete1
didn't live there myself but my girlfriend did this year and she never had to clear her room out, you're entitled to the space all through the holidays (except summer obviously) so you don't have to store anything. I'm not sure how the college work that with interview students but I know for a fact you don't have to move your stuff out or into storage over the holidays, I left some of my stuff in her room over Christmas.

Apparently people in specific sections of the building have to vacate the rooms from the 7th to the 21st of December. Applicants stay there while they're being interviewed. So I'm wondering if "Vacate" means also remove all your stuff, and where that goes. Still, thanks for the reply
Original post by Elizaveta_Potem
Apparently people in specific sections of the building have to vacate the rooms from the 7th to the 21st of December. Applicants stay there while they're being interviewed. So I'm wondering if "Vacate" means also remove all your stuff, and where that goes. Still, thanks for the reply

yeah sorry don't know anything about that, it's definitely not all of cripps in that case so hopefully you'll be lucky
Original post by Elizaveta_Potem

They will designate some space for cases, either in other rooms, or in a basement in College somewhere. Yes, you have to pack up and move your stuff. It's common across all Colleges. Some will allow you to keep stuff in the wardrobe, but it's at your risk.
Reply 5
I was told on the open day that John's has storage space for the entirety of the year for all undergraduates' possessions (at least, the items they would prefer to leave in college).
Reply 6
Typically it's only A and B staircases on Cripps that have to evacuate along with a few rooms in chapel court. The students don't always completely evacuate the rooms of things and it's common to leave a good luck note or something. Pretty sure I left my squash racquet and my lacrosse stuff in my room over christmas. From memory i think you also get a small amount of money.

There's a lot of storage space which is commonly used so you don't have to take things to/from college between 1/2/3rd years. It's one of those many things which make Johns the best college

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending