The Student Room Group

Are my GCSE grade good enough to apply to law

Hi, I know how competitive law is at most universities so although my GCSE grades aren't terrible, are they good enough for me to have a chance at applying to universities like Cambridge, LSE or UCL.
I got and 8 (like a high A / low A*) in Maths, English Lit, History and Biology
7 (an A) in Physics, Chemistry, English lang and French
6 ( a B) in Music
Original post by Rpill
Hi, I know how competitive law is at most universities so although my GCSE grades aren't terrible, are they good enough for me to have a chance at applying to universities like Cambridge, LSE or UCL.
I got and 8 (like a high A / low A*) in Maths, English Lit, History and Biology
7 (an A) in Physics, Chemistry, English lang and French
6 ( a B) in Music

Yeah those grades are great, and cambridge say in the prospectus that they only care about A-levels not GCSE, they're looking for improvement :smile:
I want to apply to cambridge for law and I got
9-english language
8-french,maths,business,history
7- in all sciences
6- computing and literature
so you're fine.
Reply 3
Original post by AskiiStudy
I want to apply to cambridge for law and I got
9-english language
8-french,maths,business,history
7- in all sciences
6- computing and literature

That’s great - my issue was will I be at a disadvantage cos I don’t have any 9s ..
Original post by Rpill
That’s great - my issue was will I be at a disadvantage cos I don’t have any 9s ..

cambridge and oxford released a statement saying there treating all grades 9's as 8's. So if i was you, I would just focus on your A-levels because they are what every UNI cares about whereas only the minority of Unis care about GCSE's.
There is people who got d's at GCSE and now study maths and english, law and other courses at cambridge because they ended up with A*'s at A-level.
YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT AND YOU HAVE DONE EXTREMELY WELL :smile:
hey guys I want to apply to oxbridge too, in early year 11 I wasn't considered a 'high achiever' and my predicted grades were all 4's, 5's and 6's.
I ended up with
9 in English language
8-7 in science
7s in business, maths, media, English literature
6 in computer science
4 in French
I'm not sure if these grades are enough but I'm willing to put the work in for a-level. My concern is that my school wouldn't take me seriously and probably discourage me from applying.
Original post by anrat1235
hey guys I want to apply to oxbridge too, in early year 11 I wasn't considered a 'high achiever' and my predicted grades were all 4's, 5's and 6's.
I ended up with
9 in English language
8-7 in science
7s in business, maths, media, English literature
6 in computer science
4 in French
I'm not sure if these grades are enough but I'm willing to put the work in for a-level. My concern is that my school wouldn't take me seriously and probably discourage me from applying.

I got lower grades than you on average and my school still encouraged my to apply (didn’t get in since I really messed up one of the interviews). A levels are more important - my predicted a level grades were higher than would be expected of someone with my GCSE grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending