The Student Room Group

Clapping along to live performances... Please stop

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mgi
Sometimes people get off by staying miserable. Read some of those"i am so awful, no one likes me" posts!

We aren't miserable, we're just appreciative of fine music. It's not tradition to clap during an opera, symphony etc. Does it really pain you not to make silly hand noises during a concert?
Reply 41
Original post by JosephCiderBwoy
We aren't miserable, we're just appreciative of fine music. It's not tradition to clap during an opera, symphony etc. Does it really pain you not to make silly hand noises during a concert?

I didn't mean you. I was referring to the dull miserable out of tempo clapping that some people do during shows; even in dance shows. I agree with you.
The only hope is that the musician speeds up the tempo.
Original post by mgi
I didn't mean you. I was referring to the dull miserable out of tempo clapping that some people do during shows; even in dance shows. I agree with you.
The only hope is that the musician speeds up the tempo.

Oh sorry I didn't mean to come off in an arsey way XD
:congrats:
I have no problem with clapping in itself.

I find the problem primarily stems from the general public's inability to keep in time with the beat when they clap.
Original post by the bear

that emoji is out of time with the music I am listening to now XD

Reply 47

No, the emoji is fine, your clapping is badly out of time! such a shame!
Original post by mgi
No, the emoji is fine, your clapping is badly out of time! such a shame!

Are you implying that clapping in a dull manner to music is a skill? You could probably train a monkey to clap in time to something. Plus I never clap to music as it's unnecessary and I don't need to reassure myself of the time of the music x

Quick Reply

Latest