Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm at the end of my second year and have been told I have failed and should withdrawal due to missing an assignment deadline due to technical issues. I am aware this is my own fault and that I have no extenuating circumstances to appeal as suggested. This was my last assignment of the year and I have been told that I cant redo the module, I also haven't been given the option to retake the year. This module consisted of completing a placement which I passed and the coursework. As the coursework is 100% weighted the placement I guess didn't amount to anything as they classed it as a double fail. The course director has told me to appeal which I will do but feel it will be rejected due to lack of evidence.

I'm running out of time as classes start soon and I don't know what to do. I feel my options are either to withdraw from uni, transfer to another course at the same uni or transfer to a different uni but do the course I am doing now if they do not allow me to redo the year. I study occupational therapy if that's any help. It seems they are more stricter with healthcare courses.

Any advice is welcomed. Thanks in advance.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm at the end of my second year and have been told I have failed and should withdrawal due to missing an assignment deadline due to technical issues. I am aware this is my own fault and that I have no extenuating circumstances to appeal as suggested. This was my last assignment of the year and I have been told that I cant redo the module, I also haven't been given the option to retake the year. This module consisted of completing a placement which I passed and the coursework. As the coursework is 100% weighted the placement I guess didn't amount to anything as they classed it as a double fail. The course director has told me to appeal which I will do but feel it will be rejected due to lack of evidence.

I'm running out of time as classes start soon and I don't know what to do. I feel my options are either to withdraw from uni, transfer to another course at the same uni or transfer to a different uni but do the course I am doing now if they do not allow me to redo the year. I study occupational therapy if that's any help. It seems they are more stricter with healthcare courses.

Any advice is welcomed. Thanks in advance.
appeal and then go from there. transfers for healthcare courses can be harder i m afraid
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
appeal and then go from there. transfers for healthcare courses can be harder i m afraid
Thanks, I will appeal and try my luck. What are the chances of changing from a healthcare course to a non healthcare? As I've done two years I believe I have two years of funded study left so it will be a bit tough if I can't redo the year. I'd have to withdraw or find the money to fund the final year of another three year course.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks, I will appeal and try my luck. What are the chances of changing from a healthcare course to a non healthcare? As I've done two years I believe I have two years of funded study left so it will be a bit tough if I can't redo the year. I'd have to withdraw or find the money to fund the final year of another three year course.
There's unlikely to be much crossover so a full time transfer is unlikely, you could get part time in a stem degree funded
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?