The Student Room Group

Lingoda Language Marathon

Anyone thought about participating in the Lingoda Marathon?
If you've not heard about Lingoda, it's where you learn a language by having scheduled video calls with a native teacher. The Language Marathon is where you have these lessons (with up to 4 other students in the same lesson) every day for 3 months. You can choose the time of day for each of your lessons. If you attend every day's lesson for its whole duration (60 minutes), you get a 100% refund at the end of it.

There's also another Marathon which works the same but it's a lesson every 2 days instead of daily, and if you complete all the lessons for 3 months you get half of your money refunded.

I'm super keen to do it - for a LOT of reasons - but it's a bit of a risk. I can deal with attending a lesson daily for the 3 months (although I will find it a challenge, like it is designed to be). But the risk is my WiFi, because if you lose internet connection and it cuts you out of the lesson (even for a few minutes or less), it thinks you've not attended the full duration of a lesson and therefore disqualifies you from getting the refund at the end of the 3-month challenge.

And if I lost out on the refund simply due to intermittent WiFi signal, I'd be devastated! (Ok, mainly because it would mean I'd have to pay a few hundred pounds and not get it refunded.) A YouTuber gave advice on this though, and said that he just made it so that he always had his phone's hotspot on, to act as a backup internet connection in the case that the WiFi did fail temporarily. This worked for him...

Should I do it?!
Do you think it's a good idea? Would anyone else consider doing it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending