The Student Room Group

What apprenticeships would be good with these A-levels?

I’ve now just started my A-levels in Maths, Further Maths and Physics and was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what apprenticeships would be well suited for these subjects. As you can tell I’m very Maths based and currently am thinking about doing an apprenticeship as opposed to going to uni. Any ideas?
What do you think you'd want to do in the future, in terms of careers? I did those A levels and I'm currently studying maths at uni and I love it!
Original post by igotohaggerston
What do you think you'd want to do in the future, in terms of careers? I did those A levels and I'm currently studying maths at uni and I love it!

I haven’t the slightest idea! Maybe accounting/finance as I know that’s a good job but quite unsure, I do like teaching though. Can I just ask if you felt at all limited doing these A-levels as they obviously demonstrate great maths capability but obviously limit you to that general area. I wasn’t sure if I made a mistake changing history to further maths you see. And would you say they are manageable? I’m not sure how hard all of them will be! :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
If you have an interest in Engineering, there's the Dyson degree apprenticeship?
Original post by clarecassar
I haven’t the slightest idea! Maybe accounting/finance as I know that’s a good job but quite unsure, I do like teaching though. Can I just ask if you felt at all limited doing these A-levels as they obviously demonstrate great maths capability but obviously limit you to that general area. I wasn’t sure if I made a mistake changing history to further maths you see. And would you say they are manageable? I’m not sure how hard all of them will be! :smile:

I hated writing subjects (except History) at GCSE (although I did pretty well in them). I did do AS comuper science (the reason I dropped it is a long story), which did branch out my knowledge in other areas (There was an entire section on the legal side of programming). But yeah, I guess these aren't the most well rounded subjects. In terms of difficulty, I found them quite alright (I actually preferred A levels to GCSEs haha), although I am currently studying maths at Cambridge so take that with a pinch of salt. If you want to go into finance, I would recommend looking at the option of going to uni again as getting a degree in maths or economics from a decent uni would really help you get there.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by clarecassar
I’ve now just started my A-levels in Maths, Further Maths and Physics and was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what apprenticeships would be well suited for these subjects. As you can tell I’m very Maths based and currently am thinking about doing an apprenticeship as opposed to going to uni. Any ideas?

Some insurance schemes, data science, accountancy, IT. Loads of options with those subjects. Engineering is the obvious one also.

Quick Reply

Latest